Satellite Navigation that connecst via car sig lighter

jsta

Satellite Navigation that connecst via car sig lighter.

Saw one a while back at ***** Smiths Electroniocs for $65 which had one where it not only said which way to go but which lane to go in but can't seem to find that one anywhere.

What's good for sat nav's.

I'm in Perth WA. Would prefer to buy locally.

My car is teh Toyota Corolla Ascent Hatch Auto. Plenty of room to put it

on the dash board.

Would prefer one that dsits on the dashboard over one that grips to the window via a suction cap.

Already have a carcam which takes up a bit of room. Don't want tyo over crowd the windscreen.

Toyota Sat Nav quote is $2000 which seems very very in price.

Get yourself a Garmin GPS such as this:

http://www.thegoodgu...PS_010-01001-34

Charges via the cigarette lighter and provides lifetime map updates (normally costs an additional $180 or so just for this maps deal).

To make it stay on your dashboard, buy one of these:

http://www.ja-gps.co...non-skid-mount/

I have this product for my Garmin GPS and it works fantastically. It doesnt matter how fast I take a corner the thing never moves. The bottom is rubber and the inside is weighted with little metal balls to keep it in place. Prior to purchasing this stand I used to suction my GPS to the windscreen and it would forever fall off and smash onto the dashboard.

Get yourself a Garmin GPS such as this:

http://www.thegoodgu...PS_010-01001-34

Charges via the cigarette lighter and provides lifetime map updates (normally costs an additional $180 or so just for this maps deal).

To make it stay on your dashboard, buy one of these:

http://www.ja-gps.co...non-skid-mount/

I have this product for my Garmin GPS and it works fantastically. It doesnt matter how fast I take a corner the thing never moves. The bottom is rubber and the inside is weighted with little metal balls to keep it in place. Prior to purchasing this stand I used to suction my GPS to the windscreen and it would forever fall off and smash onto the dashboard.

I have a car cam that keeps on falling off the windscreen and the only way to hold it there for any length of time is Blu-Tac.

I get the feeling none of these suction caps work to well. Always see people that have pulled over on the side of the road trying to re fix the suction cap on the windscreen.

Don't know why they can't make them with stands to stand up on the dashboard. Plenty of dashboard room to place these carcams or gps on as are most modern hatch back cars that I've seen.

Thanks for the links. WIll go check them all out.

jsta, we have an 2010 Corolla and on the dashboard there's a nice flat area where the Garmin GPS (old model 765T) mount kit has a black mounting disk that sticks perfectly onto that area. The black disk is fixed by a pretty strong double sided tape. Then you fix the suction mount from the Garmin onto the black disk. Not sure if your model is the same related to this possible mounting area.

post-30838-0-41273300-1356814346_thumb.j

Good thing about this mounting position is it in no way affects visibility through the windscreen. You can see the appearance of the GPS mounted in this position on some photos.

post-30838-0-51513200-1356814710_thumb.j

post-30838-0-78982800-1356814723_thumb.j

Note that some GPS units have the power cable mount into the GPS and others like this particular Garmin model fix into the mount. My experience has been cable connected into the GPS mount is more rigid and trouble free than those mounted into the GPS with some kind of USB connector.

Good luck.

Thanks for postihng.

Yes I have the same square area to put the gps nav in like you have done.

Will check these out too. Hoping their will be new year sales on soon.

There is so much dashboard room in the modern cars I'm a bit surprised more do not make gps or carcams

that stick on the dashboard.

Found myself a dashboard nav gps plus has front and rear cameras and can record. Think I will get this as people with corollas will know its very hard when backing due to the blind spots near the back where instead of glass they have these wide pillars which I for one find annoying. I'll attach the back camera to the back of the car so when reversing I can see it on the neat touch screen.

It records speed, gps location and the road out in front and at the rear which is better than the carcam I use now.

It has wifi too for surfing the net so ticks all the boxes.

I've placed an order and should have it in the next week or so then I will review it.