Someone Killed my Camry

ADVANTAGE

Some maniac backed into my 2002 Advantage on Boxing Day in the car park of the Mitre 10 in Hervey Bay,I know dam well his insurance is never going to pay,and I have reached that advanced stage of poverty that my only recourse is to repair it myself.I know its ten years old and I should just scrap it but its the best car I have ever had and that includes some classic Rovers and Triumphs.but what to do shall I attempt the bog and can of spray from super cheap of should I try and replace the whole panel,it was a ute with an alloy tray that got me and dented the passenger side guard right in front of the mirror at the top of the panel.how hard is it to remove the panel?can someone do it themselves or are special tools needed? any advice would be very welcome.

post-18067-0-15135400-1356827900_thumb.j

Killed? Let's not exaggerate, it's a scratch and dent to a removable panel.

Go to a wreckers and get a new guard, preferably the same colour(if possible), you should be able to get away with replacing it using a socket set and some screw drivers. Don't use bog, not worth the effort.

That's heart broken. I'm sure karma will come around to that person. Looks like some sort of transport vehicle that did it.

All the best with insurance or wreckers,

It doesnt look badly damaged and it appears to be only one panel. Make sure u get a second hand or new genuine one. Have them show u before they put it on. Not expensive enough for insurance to write it off. ALSO NO BOG

The Insurance company for the other vehicle should pay for the repairs. (Unless you didnt get the rego)

Report it to your insurance company who will follow it up with the other vehicles insurance company...

The Insurance company for the other vehicle should pay for the repairs. (Unless you didnt get the rego)

Report it to your insurance company who will follow it up with the other vehicles insurance company...

ok off topic but if the accident wasn't your fault, can the other insurance write it off? or r they obligated to fix it?

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks everyone who replied to this topic it was a bit of a spin out for me,I am new to poverty,I got a panel from Littles wrecking in Gympie an hour and a halfs run from here, it came off a similar car same year same colour,I got one of those Gregory manuals and it took just 2 hours from jacking it up to lowering it to restore my old car to its former condition,I am so happy with the whole thing I think I will start doing my own oil changes and minor servicing,as I said I love the old beast.I would not have attemted it if it was not for these pages.The guy who hit me gave $200-00 which pretty much covered the cost the repair shop wanted $697 the panel from littles was $120,Thanks again

• 1 month later...

Remeber if you only have 3rd party porperty insurance and someone hits you they will pay and chase the person at fault.

Third party property will only cover you if you have other party's details. Depending on your insurer, they usually cover up to $5000.00

If you have other party's details, you can also use firms like "Claims Made Easy" for recovery.