Aftermarket Seats?

xGSiR

Is anyone here thinking of getting Recaro bucket seats or some other brands to replace the so called "sport" front seats that comes in the Corollas?

I been driving my bro's WRX(great standard bucket seats) lately, then i sat in my dad's Corolla Ascent and damn, such a high seating position. So i was thinking chucking in bucket seats, would it lower the driving position a little somewhat?

i was really interested until i enquired about the cost of rails, thanks shao :)

holy moly costs about $400 bucks for pair of rails and $1k for recaro ones for our car

kinda almost the same price as the recaro replica seats

however u can get dc2r seats for about 1.2k

you can get the rails off a set of corolla seats from the wreckers. Then a small mod and they fit onto the new style recaro's without any probs. There was a complete set of new corolla seats in a pulled apart corolla at the wreckers at Yatala when we were there this morning.

Depending on the wrecker, you should be able to obtain a set of rails for $50-100. Or you can go and purchase a set of genuine recaro rails to suit the corolla, but a better set can be made DIY for a lot less money.

I'd personally go for a set of Bride GIAS if you want a low seat and can afford them. http://www.bride-jp.com/products_lm_rec.html

you can get the rails off a set of corolla seats from the wreckers.  Then a small mod and they fit onto the new style recaro's without any probs.  There was a complete set of new corolla seats in a pulled apart corolla at the wreckers at Yatala when we were there this morning.

Depending on the wrecker, you should be able to obtain a set of rails for $50-100.  Or you can go and purchase a set of genuine recaro rails to suit the corolla, but a better set can be made DIY for a lot less money.

I'd personally go for a set of Bride GIAS if you want a low seat and can afford them.  http://www.bride-jp.com/products_lm_rec.html

How much does a pair of Bride GIAS cost???

for the type of money you guys are talking about for brand name seats wouldnt it be better and possible cheaper to get a set of toms or trd seats with rails.

do u know how much the TRD seats are?

wouldnt have a clue lol

but i highly doubt they would be as much as the bride seats would they?

could possibly be more than some recaros.

who knows personally i wouldnt by any of em im to much of a tight ***** unless i was racing. id just buy copies as long as there ADR compliant. its not like this dude is gonna be racing his dads ascent. if hes gonna buy seats just for comfort and to sit a little lower not point buying top price race seats.

also there are plenty of re-trimmers out there that can redo your seats and make them like the race hugging seat you buy.

like www.autoimage.com.au

http://trdparts.jp/english/parts_seat.html

...pretty much 200,000yen for a pair with rails not including shipping or import duty etc.

Warwick from Bowater Toyota in NZ could probably do a much better deal than the RRP though.

ps, you'll probably find that the TRD seats are NOT ADR approved, just like the Bride seats aren't ADR approved, even though they are FIA approved for race use etc.

Edited by rollamods

for the type of money you guys are talking about for brand name seats wouldnt it be better and possible cheaper to get a set of toms or trd seats with rails.

do u know how much the TRD seats are?

wouldnt have a clue lol

but i highly doubt they would be as much as the bride seats would they?

could possibly be more than some recaros.

who knows personally i wouldnt by any of em im to much of a tight ***** unless i was racing. id just buy copies as long as there ADR compliant. its not like this dude is gonna be racing his dads ascent. if hes gonna buy seats just for comfort and to sit a little lower not point buying top price race seats.

also there are plenty of re-trimmers out there that can redo your seats and make them like the race hugging seat you buy.

like www.autoimage.com.au

true tho. it depends largely on wat u want.

some want it for the mod list

some want it for better support

some want it for looks

some want it to go racing

Edited by shaohaok

• 1 month later...

If your a sportivo owner, the smartest thing to do would be to find a set of Seat from an Integra Luxury (current shape) and modify a set of corolla rails.

The Integra seats are similar to the shape of WRX seats and they're already trimmed in dark grey leather with perforated inserts.

Theres a chance these wouldnt need retrimming at all and would look more factory!

I've stuck a pic up in my garage as i'm out of global space in the forums.