Supercharged

the superchargers on AMG's mercedes engage only during low-mid range revs. they disengage after a certain higer rev due to stress reasons.

So you could theoretically rip one off a wrecked Kompressor? Surely someone, somewhere has tried supercharging - maybe on a Celica?

Thanks ozviking.

Do you people think it's worth it to get the TRD supercharger for the 1zzfe?

It estimates 7.5psi of boost?

At the moment my car can keep up with B16a. But i am pretty sure if i get headers i can take it on easily. I can also keep up with B18a. However a sportivo would probably eat me alive 1st-2nd gears.

I am just wondering if this supercharger would be of any benefit? Cause TRD estimates 7.4 0-60mph. but i usually drag till 120kpm plus. Seconldy the accerleration times were estimated for a Toyota Matrix, which is 200kg heavier? Would power to weight ratio play any significant factors?

On my car now i have replace the steel wheels with Sportivo Alloys, thus lowering weight, and have replace cat and exhaust. Maybe another 4kgs? I reckon my car kerb weight is just over 1000kgs.

Thanks ozviking.

Do you people think it's worth it to get the TRD supercharger for the 1zzfe?

It estimates 7.5psi of boost?

At the moment my car can keep up with B16a. But i am pretty sure if i get headers i can take it on easily. I can also keep up with B18a. However a sportivo would probably eat me alive 1st-2nd gears.

I am just wondering if this supercharger would be of any benefit? Cause TRD estimates 7.4 0-60mph. but i usually drag till 120kpm plus. Seconldy the accerleration times were estimated for a Toyota Matrix, which is 200kg heavier? Would power to weight ratio play any significant factors?

On my car now i have replace the steel wheels with Sportivo Alloys, thus lowering weight, and have replace cat and exhaust. Maybe another 4kgs? I reckon my car kerb weight is just over 1000kgs.

You would be doing pretty well if you can keep up with a B16A equipped Civic or CRX or the B18 Integra Vti-R with 125kw. The B16A has 118kw and the Civic Vti-Rs can do low 16s quarter-mile and 8s 0-100km/h easily. But that is for a good condition B16A. Most Civic Vti-Rs now would have clocked more than 60,000kms and can be a bit weak. But your Rolla would definitely have more torque.

The 7.4s 0-60mph you said for the Matrix, was that for a 2ZZGE equipped Matrix? If so, the supercharger is not worth the money. If it's for the standard Matrix, then its a fine enhancement. And since you drag to 120km/h plus, the difference will be even greater.

Power to weight ratio is a major factor in acceleration times, especially in gear acceleration. The lighter the better for acceleration. But a car's handling can be affected by a reduction in weight. You need to get the car's suspension balanced to work well with the extensive weight loss, but with your rolla, it should still be fine. I had a mate who used to drive a 800+kg Suzuki Swift Gti and he took parts of the car off to reduce even more weight and he crashed the car driving at 70km/h negotiating a mild bend on the highway. He had 4 occupants and had new tyres. It was drizzling though but he admitted it was the car's handling balance that caused that crash. So be careful not to drop too much flab off your rolla :lol:

The Supercharger is for the Matrix XR

I have lowered my car 2inch so it's sit on the road real tight.

ive went both vtir and CRX. The vtir had intake and exhaust.

the b18a. Had 17 inch rims and exhaust. But i think his driving sucks cause couldn't change in lift.

From the day i got a CAI and high Flow cat. You can feel the mid range torque. The Vtec only catch up when they hit 7000rpms

I would like to get a rough gesitmate of how much improvement i'll be getting.

A mechanic dude said. I can literally feel the torque with 7.5psi.

Also i get a raised redline to almost 7000RPm thus i can keep my first and second gears longer That would also be of great use.

One more thing the 1zzfe have low compression rate 10:1 so i guess that would be of benefit. Since supercharging required lower compression? Is that correct.

The guy at toyota said he wouldn't know the affect yet. So i guess i'll have to test.

Anyone out there Supercharged YET? With results?

Several things to consider hear.

Besides the fact that yes they may say that the supercharger will work on your car you may want to look at whats involved when you bolt on forced induction.

Usually wen these mods are carried out on other cars i.e. older ones people buy a whole front cut ..Why ???? well usually u will need to upgrade ur gear box, brakes, sumtimes the engine itself etc etc etc the list can go on.

So you may wish to ask 1) can my engine handle forced induction 2) how long will it handle it before it gives in to the pressure 3) by doing this to the engine how long will all other parts last for ?

Sorry to dampen your spirits if i have but im just advising you from experience i have seen many many friends just keep pouring money in because they thought it was as simply as bolting on the turbo or the supercharger but in reality it isnt.

Your next limiting factor may possible be traction i.e. to much power is slowing you down. So you'll need either bigger wheels or possibly an LSD again the advantage of a front cut u may get 1 with an LSD.

Anyway by all means look and see how feasible it is to do your mod but id really investigate things further past the mod itself but look at the impact.

Just a piece of advice

Cheers

Bill

Yup i have looked into that.

Thats why i have been going around the forums asking about brakes. I have concluded in getting better brake pads for the moment. There is currently nothing available.

Well the LSD will have to wait abit i no there is a part for it. 1zz## 2wd in the TRD catologue.

Hmms i was looking into a turbo conversion that would have cost me 7k plus with onlly 5psi.

Since TRD usa has researched the supercharger with GM motors. They share they share the same engine. I am very confident that the supercharger would be safe to use. Because they have been running it for over a year or so.

But the parts you were talking about. I am probably going to get when my car hits 50,000 k. After that maybe keep or sell.

I contacted a fellow in the US who has it on the Corolla S. He claims 0-60mph in 6.5secs.

So i reckon it is very feasible. You haven't dampened my spirits at all. I was just ****** that when i bought my corolla. I didn't know nothing about the upcoming sportivo version. So i guess i had to keep my car for awhile.

But now there seems to be alot of aftermarkets parts available for the sedan version.

Very happy never the less.

PLUS there are people who DRIVE late model ROLLAS on the forums.