Supercharged

Boys, i am now fully supercharged, had the conversion on the draw cards for the last month and i finally did it. Cuts in from 2000rpm and dies at 6100rpm. Havent been able to take off without wheel spinning!!!!

Umm well its a vortex, i have a dyno sheet but dont have a scanner and the cost, well lets just say that it cost me a pretty penny!!!

There was alot of research into this getting the ecu to cut the supercharger out at 6100rpm

Im running 8 pounds.

The guys said that the combination of lift and extra torque, it was too much stress on the heads/pistons and i didnt want to rebuild the motor at this stage

You know how a turbo is exhaust gas driven pump for forced induction, well a supercharger is the same but uses pulleys and belts (Gilmer belt drive) off the engine to achieve a similar force for induction, they are almost instant unlike a turbo but they seem to deliver less of a boost than a turbo as a percentage of the power is now use to drive a compressor, a turbo simply runs off exhaust gasses, the more exhaust (ie higher revs) the more pressure.

So geez dude dont keep everyone waiting you may not have a scanner but typing out ur dyno figures isnt to hard ;)

u know MAX POWER

MAX TORQUE

hope thats simple enough :P :P :P

Come on NIKICH, i don't recall seeing a Silver Sportivo tearing up the tarmac recently! But to give you the benefit of the doubt, you can tell me where you got the blower fitted so i can go get some details :lol:

But i would say the supercharger would probably be better than the turbo for engines with lift. But i think forced induction is still for the power hungry people with lot sof cash. I personally would tune it NA.

I know a guy in Wollongong who used to drive a brand new Red Integra Type R with approx 5,000kms and he turbocharged it with custom parts. I think he used a Skyline GTS-T Turbo and other custom parts. He took me for ride twice, once before turbo and once after and i can say he wasted $10,000 to make the car undriveable and impractical. It had heaps of torque at around 3000-4000rpm but there is just too much spin and the VTEC satisfaction is no longer there. You wouldn't bother revving the engine anymore and imagine the wear and tear. He was running 5-6 psi on stock compression but don't know the power and torque figure. Worst still its FF and FF cars just can't take that much power especially during cornering. I guess he regretted it and got a 2001 Yellow R34 GTST RWD with $15,000 mods thrown into it. Power= 380+kw and Torque 450+nm with 6-piston Brembos, Bilstein coilovers and carbon fibre bonnet. Now that is worth it.

Anyway back to topic, when are you going to take me for a ride? :P

I too am on the sceptical side but will be the first to congratulate you if proven wrong. A supercharged car with a CR of 12:1 would make you unique in a road driven car. Only dedicated drag cars venture above 10:1, so either you are driving around with shatloads of ping or someone's telling porky pies....

• 3 weeks later...

Mate, ive been posting, and if u havent figured it out, I DIDNT SUPERCHARGE IT!!!

Although im warming to the idea of the CAI/UNICHIP combo, This will be a b'day present for me i think!!

Mate, if u look at it logically. A supercharger is belt driven. There is no way that u can get it to cut out at any rpm, u can only adjust the psi. Please correct me if i am wrong. So supercharging wouldnt be a good idea

hehehe. you got everyone worked up over a haux! :D :P

Mate, if u look at it logically. A supercharger is belt driven. There is no way that u can get it to cut out at any rpm, u can only adjust the psi. Please correct me if i am wrong. So supercharging wouldnt be a good idea

If it's one thing i've learnt about cars it is that with the right amount of cash, you can pretty much do anything. :D couldn't you get the supercharger to kick in and out the same way a airconditioner compressor does. sure the clutch plate would probably wear out in a matter of month but its possible right? :ph34r: