second hand 08 KX-S AWD with high milege

sirswa

Hi

Due to the growing family, I am looking to purchase nice SUV family car. I found this 2008 KX-S kluger with 270,000+ km milege on it with service history for about $18k, and it has got 2 year warranty.

Is 270,000km really high for Kluger? I am wondering if it will be good purchase or shall I give it a pass ?

thanks.

I would really want to know the full history of the car before I bought one that has done about 55,000km / year, it is very high mileage. I just gave my 2002 Camry v6 to my son ...it had done 250K, and I do about 25K a year. It doesn't use any oil etc, but the dealer would give me less than $5000 for it. While $18,000 is great for a 2008 kluger, it has still done very high mileage so it is certainly a risk buying it.... and $18,000 is a lot to pay if something goes wrong. I think I would only buy it, if I could talk to the previous owner, and be happy at how it got that many kms, and it would have to have been serviced properly by a toyota dealer for me to even consider it. Good luck with you decision!

270000kms is a lot kms,so if you were going to keep the car a few years, I probadly get somthing with less kms, but if you were only going to keep the car a couple years you should be ok, because you have 2 years warranty, so anything goes wrong it will get fixed under warranty, but if you were intending on keeping it past the warranty, I would give it a miss, depending on your budget,there a few klugers that I have seen with halve the kms on them for less than $10000 more, which would be a better option,because if you going to keep somthing with high kms for a few years, you could be up for a transmission or engine rebuild, which could cost you more if you bought somthing with less kms, I dont mean to rain on your parade but its worth thinking about, dont get me wrong these engines and gearboxes probadly give 400000kms of trouble free services, but that a big gamble to take