Replaced driveshaft but still noisy

Hey there,

I have this rubbing sort of sound coming from the driver's side on my Corolla 96 (AE102) that comes anywhere from 10kmph to 50kmph . Pretty sure it was the inner CV boot that was playing up. Anyhow I replaced the whole driveshaft on the driver's side but the noise still persists? Should I replace the other side too or could I have missed something while I replaced the driver's side? Tightening?

Thanks

It normally makes a slight knocking noise when there is weight shift if the hub bolt is not tightened correctly.

If you want to test the otherside, jack up the car, full lock the wheel and spin it with your hand on the cv boot. If it's stuffed you should feel looseness and clicking.

It normally makes a slight knocking noise when there is weight shift if the hub bolt is not tightened correctly.

If you want to test the otherside, jack up the car, full lock the wheel and spin it with your hand on the cv boot. If it's stuffed you should feel looseness and clicking.

I'll give this a shot...

Quickest,easiest way to check your CV joints is full lock, back it off a little so you dont load the power steering pump up and do a couple of figure eights if they are worn/stuffed you will hear them clicking their heads off.Jacking up and turning by hand doesnt always show the whole story as you have taken the weight off them and the balls inside the CV joints are now running on a unworn section within the joint also the wheels are now turning the CV,s with NIL/ZERO load rather than the CV,s/ drive shafts driving the wheels under load in real time cenario.

Next time you hear a front wheel drive clapped out old sh*t box turning a corner and you hear a clang,clang noise coming from the front you,ll see what I,m talking about,cheers :whistling:

More info

Rubbing or clicking

On cornering, straights.. If cornering left or right.. Etc

U got bigger wheels on ur car or stock? Lowered or std? ...

Sort of rubbing noise... not only on cornering ...comes on straights as well.... I replaced the driver's side driveshaft suspecting that it was the inner CV .... could be the other side perhaps?

No heavy modifications.... just a set of alloy wheels R15.... standard suspension