power window switch recall, any info?

prodigy 07

Hi guys, just wondering how everyone else went with the recall issued last year regarding the drivers side power window controls. Once I found out about the recall, I went to the local dealership and updated the details on their computer for my particular car and they told me I would be sent an email regarding what I needed to do, but that is the last I have heard. Does anyone have any more info on this? Are toyota just replacing them on a "when it stuffs up we'll fix it" basis?

Cheers 007, sounds like I need to get back onto toyota then. Toyota dealership here is notoriously unreliable. I'm not really concerned about it, my controls are working fine, just wondering what was happening.

I'm an apprentice mechanic at my local Toyota, all that happens is we take the switch out grease it up a little with the proper stuff(some people were putting normal grease on the switches when they were sticking) then put it back together with tamper proof screws, so if something goes wrong with the switch it will have to be replaced.

I had the same experience as Prodigy 107. I made an initial enquiry to the dealer in November. No response.

I made another enquiry on the Toyota Australia website - going to the recalls page.

No response again.

I copied all my details, and this timemade a written application to my local Toyota dealer which I personally handed in.

Voila! vehicle booked in and checked out within two days.

• 2 weeks later...

Haha...and there I was thinking this was just a ruse to trick people into getting their cars serviced at Toyota :P

I was sent a recall letter, just mid-January this year in fact.

post-6762-0-01607200-1361007276_thumb.jp

Got mine done yesterday, the service lady told me maybe 3 out of 100 cases they need to order a new window control unit, but mine was fine, pulled out and checked it, put back in no issues.

• 5 months later...

Never received a letter in the mail. Rang Toyota for another inquiry, after which they advised I'm up for the recall. Going down this arvo. So much for sending a letter

Mine plays up now and again but that might be related to the heap of crap that floats around In my car during the monthly car pool....

Try and make a game of it.

Oh you got me this time Auto switch. Next time

And so on

Got mine done yesterday, the service lady told me maybe 3 out of 100 cases they need to order a new window control unit, but mine was fine, pulled out and checked it, put back in no issues.

I received another recall notice (letter), this time I did not ignore it and booked my car in.

judging by a couple of slightly greasy marks around the driver side window switch, i figure they greased the switch, although I felt no real difference in the operation of the switch... But!

They did do a bit of a general mechanical service on my Aurion, I know they fixed the play in the steering wheel.

They also fixed the slight pull to the left (a wheel alignment?) in the steering...holy free holies this kind of service would normally cost the average Toyota owner heaps of bucks!

they vacuumed AND washed my car to boot! Maybe they dared not to move any of my 'valuables' (read crap) off the floor of the car but they did vacuum around the items.

I now feel guilty I have not been taking my car to Toyota.

The last time I had it serviced (this place had nothing to do with Toyota) it cost me in excess of $400 and it feels like they barely touch to it!

So I think it's off to Toyota service for me from now on. They really aren't any more expensive.

(PS: this is not an advertisement or endorsement of any kind. If your car is less than 10 years old it's best to take it to the car maker's service people)

Edited by Miklos73

It was all done in 20 mins.

Then they told me my power steering fluid needed flushing, done that. Then the pr*cks took my car for a spin twice and must of hammered the f*ck out of it. Engine bay was hot as hell compared to normal driving and there was a strong egg smell!

Sad thing can't prove they thrashed it.