my work in progress : 05 camry sportivo

bluemeany

hey fellas, heres some snaps of my camry, I bought it around christmas 2011. and have now started doing modifications to it.

heres a list of the mods so far

18 x 8.5 M-15 wheels wrapped in 235 x 45 x 18 yokohama

low tein springs

monroe gt gas shocks all round

alpine 6 x 9 in front doors

alpine 6 x 9 on back parcel shelf

cheap sub box

alpine 800w amp installed under front passenger seat

super white led park lights

ive just completed a full lube service on engine oil and auto trans fluid,

keep waxed and washed regulary. but am going to give it a cut and polish soon, as it might look really smick and shiny, but i know it needs one. so does my brother (panelbeater)

Does anyone know where i could score a set of factory sportivo floor mats from, the fronts ones i have are totalled

im looking at a possible turbo set up in the future, the 2azfe is a great engine for this. and responds well to forced induction, they turn into torque monsters.

IMAG0018.jpg

IMAG0016.jpg

IMAG0017.jpg

IMAG0014.jpg

tell us what you think , thanks!

Edited by bluemeany

Lookin good man !

I see you taking down the 2az turbo path too eh ?

haha ! im also looking at turbo-ing mine in the near future

yea i am, it shouldn't be to hard, i've just gotta get a piggyback ecu for it, which could be a hassle, you know of any that are compatible?

what are your plans for this? what were you gonna do.?

get a shop to do a custom setup or do it yourself, ebay kit are good for the basic setup. probably wouldnt use the turbo, wastegate and intercooler though.

Edited by bluemeany

God dam i'd like to get my hands on a set of them lights!

Schmick looking unit mike, your in good hands with the QLD boys with that model and forced induction.

lets hope one of them could do us a deal on a turbo setup :spiteful: if they work in a shop.. of course!

you want a set of those headlights for your aurion or something else. would they fit?

man i gotta do something with these lights though, there getting couldy.

anybody used that headlight restorer?.

Any abrasive will buff clean em..... silvo brasso, car polish ive used tooth past in a bind to buff Perspex and lexen.

Naaa I mean i'd love a set just to rip open and mod triple angel eyes could look cool :)

Any abrasive will buff clean em..... silvo brasso, car polish ive used tooth past in a bind to buff Perspex and lexen.

Naaa I mean i'd love a set just to rip open and mod triple angel eyes could look cool :)

I thought about buying some of those aftermarket halo's

http://www.carid.com/2005-toyota-camry-headlights/

there affordable. cheaper than a pair of replacements.

Looks really nice......

It would look even better with a Sunroof :D

yea it would, but that came with the v6 option. or ateva option

im gonna change my grille though. looking at the pictures. make it look a bit more evil... muuaahh

Edited by bluemeany

yea it would, but that came with the v6 option. or ateva option

im gonna change my grille though. looking at the pictures. make it look a bit more evil... muuaahh

An aftermarket sunroof is an option to look into if you're keen. id be worried about it leaking though.

+1 to a new Grille. With the floor mats, ive noticed that some Toyota spare parts stores still have them.

You may want to make a few phone calls. The only problem is they cost around $100...

Dont get US based headlights, the mounting bracket is completely different.

251984_407924549259084_999109236_n.jpg

I'm not surprised. I read somewhere that the Camry built here is bigger than ones made elsewhere. Dimensions and what not. I guess u found out the hard way they don't mount properly. Good u didn't go drilling New holes anyway.

Edited by bluemeany

Nah I dont like changing gears anymore. There's worked Scion tc turbos running the same tranny. They can cope with it. I would look at a possible manual conversion. You reckon I could do it without pulling the motor

Sounds like a weekend job for me and my brother. I'm guessing all the mounting points would be already there for clutch and the other stuff.

Anyone done this? I'll just raid a wreakers for parts.

Yea I thinking something like Salisbury wreakers. Do they still let you pull it yourself.

If I'm gonna do it ill probably get a shop to fit it all. I don't really have the tools and correct materials. Plus they have an engine crane and such

Yeah, im in the process, im letting a shop do it cos i have 0 mechanical skills,

try searching pickles/manheim salvage wreckers, see if you can get it cheaper from there, cos last time i got a quote from a certain toyota parts wreckers, they wanted $3500 for the transmission and engine only.

Nice car. Clean mods and nice colour.

Keep the Sportivo grille, I reckon it looks good.

edit: Oh, if you want to spend some serious $$$ let me know. I have lots of things you can do to your Gen5 to keep you spending money for ages.

Nice car. Clean mods and nice colour.

Keep the Sportivo grille, I reckon it looks good.

edit: Oh, if you want to spend some serious $$$ let me know. I have lots of things you can do to your Gen5 to keep you spending money for ages.

Mike, Andrew is the guy you want to listen to.

That pic's a bit small John, but im guessing your speaking about the angel eyes? I'll be doing a set like yours soon :) a few ppl from the forums have seen what im trying to do, will get some pics up soon-ish :)