AE102 Corolla's Or the new Acsent?

Which car would be better to mod up? After looking at the prices of the new Acsent.. Being 21880 AUD, i'm a little bit interested in the best of both models. The pros and cons :) I've heard that the New corolla's have shocking suspension. Is this true? :blink:

the older corolla's have a nice IRS setup, the new type use the ****ty torsion beam setup that most manufacturers seem to be using in FWD's these days to save cost.

The ascent is a newer car, which has it's plusses, but it all comes down to how much performance you actually want. I've driven a mildly modded corolla with 1ZZ (CAI, custom cat back exhaust, piggyback ecu) and I find it quite boring and lifeless. I'm used to forced induction and a decent push in the back when you accelerate though, so it might not be a fair assessment.

for a more visual representation of the torsion beam setup now used, see attached... it's hardly a "performance" setup.

post-148-1130147968_thumb.jpg

Edited by rollamods

What civic?

The honda's usually have a much better build quality.

How it performs depends on what civic you have.

Um.. i have the Hatch Vi Model 1.7L VTEC 97Kw.. I want a car to play with.. and tinker with.. so im still thinking.. either my current corolla or new one

tinker with your current car, much cheaper than spending another $10K to get a newer base model corolla and then having to spend more to make it less boring.

10K in your current car would make it quite a weapon.

tinker with your current car, much cheaper than spending another $10K to get a newer base model corolla and then having to spend more to make it less boring.

10K in your current car would make it quite a weapon.

I agree. You've got a pretty good "mod-able" car there, might as well spend the money and make it a Rolla-Killa... :P

I've always liked the AE102 model corolla... it can look really mean with a nice body kit... to me, they seem like the perfect car to do up like a rally car...

id say keep what you have and spend that 10 grand or whatever on it and you'll have yourself a sweet car!

*wishes for 10 grand to spend on own car*

:blink: I hated the AE102s...i used to drive one for a while...it always felt like i could run faster.

The suspension debate - i dont know, the AE sussy seemed pretty ordinary to me, but the 1zz has nothing to rave about, however you would replace the sussy in both cars anyway so it doesnt seem to be much of an issue to me.

IMHO throwing 10k at your current vehicle would be like trying to buff a turd into gold...

That being said i am sure you could get something decent going if you followed the setup that rollamods gave you - definitely smoke some people, a nice sleeper. Dont know how long your stock transmission would hold up though...

And they do look alright with a bodykit...otherwise, they look like garbage compared to 9th gen, so if aesthetics is a concern i would probably put some cash away for body work.