TRD sports oil filter

pingu

hi guys, im looking at getting a minor service done and was reading a review about the fasination of a TRD sports oil filter.

Does anyone know more about these things and does it increase my power output? Also where abouts would i look at buying one? i just gave my toyota service guys a call and they said they can get one for $95. i was like WTF OMG!! some of the sites (probably US) were selling for 15 bucks.. so tha'ts like max $30 over here i thought. they were probably trying to rip me off. But does anyone know of a cheaper place or brand dealers that would possibly sell this stuff? Im in brisbane. It's for my Camry sportivo 4cyl. '04.

Thanks guys

:)

personally i dont think its worth it :rolleyes:

they definately wont get you any power :lol:

the idea of a sports oil filter, is so that the oil can flow through better.

but having a stock filter should be fine, you wouldnt notice any difference anyway :P

well i dont think it would help with that either...

really overall, a sports oil filter isnt going to do a whole lot for a street car :rolleyes:

the headers are the pipes where the exhaust gases come out of the engine, getting performance ones give a more uniform and better flow, i think ;)

i guess getting some performance ones should give you a bit more power, but since nowhere really makes them for a Camry...you will need to get them custom made...which will be expensive :blink:

Also from my knowledge. Once you mess with the breathing of the engine (air filter and exhaust system) you will find the computer in your car is confused and the car may perform worse in a lot of the rev range. <_<

The solution is a piggy back computer and dyno tune. I found this problem with just putting the Sportivo muffler on. :rolleyes:

So beware some so called improvements can detract from the drivability.

Don’t worry about a flash oil filter unless you turbo charge your car B)

So with the alterations. Resetting the ECU wont help? I thought it does? At least a little bit right?

I was actualy thinking of getting a K&N cold air intake kit or something. Wat do you guys think?

Resetting the ECU wont help? I thought it does? At least a little bit right?

well i guess it would help a tiny little bit, but just for a little while though :lol:

then it would go back to normal after a day or two...

• 2 weeks later...

where would i go to buy one of these chips? And how much power would it increase? is it also one of those programmable ones where you can adjust it whenever you feel like it?

How much would the haltec one cost?

I am sill in the process of getting mine. It will be wired in next week and then they dyno booked. I will prob get a CAI as well to get the whole thing as well breathing as possible for not too much money. :)

The unit tuned on a dyno is $1400. (greedy E not Haltech)

As is the normal case not many people do anything to a Camry so its an interesting trip :P

I will show you the graphs when its all done ;)