Strut Bar Installation

GReddy_ES

hi guys,just wanted to get some advice as to how to self install a strut bar.Can we just use the existing nuts on the car to secure the strut bar?And also do we need to use a torque wrench to tighten it?

Thanks for all the valuable advice

you can use the existing washers, but the top of the tower that hold the strut is not flat so depending on the strut brace you may bend it, the whiteline one comes with brass washers and net nuts to get around this problem, silva and myself have installed around 8 strut braces and we have never used a tourqe wrench and all have been happy customers.

you can use the existing washers, but the top of the tower that hold the strut is not flat so depending on the strut brace you may bend it, the whiteline one comes with brass washers and net nuts to get around this problem, silva and myself have installed around 8 strut braces and we have never used a tourqe wrench and all have been happy customers.

I had no complaints :)

it depends on what brand you got. if the bar you got comes with washers and new bolts then you need to use them. for example c-one does.

if you got trd or toms or any bar that does not include new bolts then it is safe to use the original bolts as the bar was designed for that.

with the TRD front strut bar, do we have to bend that metal pipe with the blue thingy on it out of the way to accomodate the bar? or does it simply sit over it?

edit: nvm found the thread

Edited by Teknoman

with the TRD front strut bar, do we have to bend that metal pipe with the blue thingy on it out of the way to accomodate the bar? or does it simply sit over it?

edit: nvm found the thread

i heard most people have to bend it with the trd

the c-one just sits about 1-1.5cm away from the pipe