CAI query

ok guys i got my CAI installed last sat

and well basicly it hammered down with rain all sunday

my air pod is soaked

isnt that a bad thing

and if thats the case im certain everyone else with an airpod theres would have gotten wet too

if this is such a problem why were the CAI's designed to sit so low to the road

cheers guys

mine sounds and goes sweet too

but what im saying is why where the CAI's designed to sit so low to the road if there gonna get wet in the rain

maybe soaked was a bit of a lie but it DID get wet and to my understanding wet airpods arent a good thing

so yeah confused haha ????

how do you search for WET AIRPODS

think about it i dont wanna read 600 different posts to try and find 1 post with my answer

if you know the answer just say it

have you got anything better to do

if your not interested in posting an answer to my question then dont bother posting at all

myself and quite a few members have spoken and we all agree that its so gay when you all say that

:blink: dah ummmmm search button is kinda cool daaaaah :blink:

this was the result of a search for "rain and CAI" was pretty hard too.

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...099&hl=rain+CAI

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...904&hl=rain+CAI

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...791&hl=rain+CAI

in future please send more then 1sec on the search page these topics that are coming up time and time again are just wasting space

I believe the problem is known as hydro-lock. This occurs beacuse water is not compressible like air. The way around the problem is to introduce a foam-like filter, this prevents any water entering the cyclinders decreaseing the possibility of reduced displacement. From memory AEM CAI have a bypass valve that can solve the problem, best off googling it.

I believe the problem is known as hydro-lock. This occurs beacuse water is not compressible like air. The way around the problem is to introduce a foam-like filter, this prevents any water entering the cyclinders decreaseing the possibility of reduced displacement. From memory AEM CAI have a bypass valve that can solve the problem, best off googling it.

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...wtopic=3496&hl=

as fo me ignoring your replies how about being fair

stop making it harder for people to find out information by bagging them out

if you dont like what you read **** off and dont post

how does that sound

as alot of poeple know who have met me at the meets im a pretty laid back kinda guy

actully im a bit of goof ball and love to have a great laugh

so for me to be having a go right now is kinda out of my nature so obviously your annoying me

:)

besides maybe i worded my question wrong

im looking more for how much does other peoples air pods get wet and have they had any problems

not really interested in the design of the CAI as i already know all about it

SORRY my mistake please lets just get voer it and get along

id rather make conversation throughout all the members than just use search 24/7

Edited by evl_50a

Hmm, when i think of foam filters i think of a sponge, wouldn't that suck up even more water like our kitchen sponges? :P

actually i was kinda thinking the same thing

i wonder hey

any insight on this

just for reference im running a dry based filter Apexi

is that type of filter better or worse in a wet situation

i apologise guys but i just wanna hear CURRENT news not news from months ago cus opinions always change

so just drop it either join the convo or dont bother posting

Edited by evl_50a

hey i got the apexi power intake

power gains are noticable but its pretty quiet :(

but i didnt get CAI i just got the SRI kit from apexi set me back $280 omg :S i shoulda got like injen or something

well im an apexi fan boy soo yeah i think its worth it anyhow!

for it to get wet man did u go thru several puddles? with my SRI i find no problems with it gettin wet, as its sitting so high relative to the ground.

and yeah with our dry-type pods, i think if its wet u should get it dried somehow....

whack it in the oven? at LOW temp so it dun dement the plastic.....

but yeah water thru ur engine = BAD

evl_50a, stop being a smart ***** and mabey spend your time in the search page, the effecvt of water and CAI's does NOT change overnight so the reponses in those thread are every bit as valid as anything posted today, alot of us get sick and tired of reading the same **** over and over again when the answers all of about 5 seconds away, in future if you want to be a smart ***** do it some place else.

actually i was kinda thinking the same thing

i wonder hey

any insight on this

oh hang on zee careful mate

they will probably just feed us a bunch of links rather than making conversation

and friends throughout the toyota group

just for reference im running a dry based filter Apexi

is that type of filter better or worse in a wet situation

i apologise guys but i just wanna hear CURRENT news not news from months ago cus opinions always change

so just drop it either join the convo or dont bother posting

look at zee he joined the convo he was the 1 to started the older on so he hasnt got a problem

i think we've all been very fair and very patient. u don't like us to tell you to learn to use the search function then we don't like spoonfeeding a namby pamby screwed up baby. most annoying thing is that the answers u want aren't that hard to to find, THAT is the point.

if u are THAT lazy, THAT ignorant and THAT incompetent. u can **** right off, too.

perhaps u can learn how to do a weeeee bit of research, OR ELSE DON'T POST.

how does that sound? or do i still hear crying?

Edited by shaohaok

evl_50a, stop being a smart ***** and mabey spend your time in the search page, the effecvt of water and CAI's does NOT change overnight so the reponses in those thread are every bit as valid as anything posted today, alot of us get sick and tired of reading the same **** over and over again when the answers all of about 5 seconds away, in future if you want to be a smart ***** do it some place else.

:blink:

Relax gentlemen - have a Mintos - keep it fresh

Northy, as a moderator you should be setting the standard for posting ethics here. If you really think that this thread is redundant then delete/close it, i think your previous post in this thread made your point clearly.

evl_50a - you should know not to provoke the wasps nest, so to speak. Some of the more seasoned TOCA members are very territorial when it comes to their stance on the search button...

You are all trying to prove a point - it has been done, perhaps another mod could lay this one to rest...

Ok Guys dont make me lock another thread .....

Justin i know ur a laid back kinda guy and from meeting u several times i have no idea how u could get stressed and p i s s e d off :P :P :P keep that cool head about u :P :P :P :P

but to close this one out .... plain and simply put after seeing ur install ur problem is that ur missing ur fog light ....

As i told u the other night wat u need is a bit of piping to bend the pod back away from the fog light so it can all fit comfortably as when the fog light is in there is no way rain is gonna get in there and there is nothing short of driving through a lake that will cauz ur filter to get wet .....

Thermal Flex pipe is what ur after the part number is: TFC590GNR-275x6

this pipe is red in colour .... u can get a blue one simply drop the r from the part number .... u can get this from rocket industy's .... they r in blacktown or more specifically. It should set u back between 70 & 80 bucks from memory ....

40 Huntingwood Drive

Huntingwood N.S.W

Australia 2148

http://www.rocketindustries.com.au/

Ok i think this topic has now been answered so unless someone can add something a bit more constructive please refrain from posting.....

cheers

Bill

hey hey hey

no need for name calling here have i actually taken a direct hit at any of you guys

ok you may or may not notice but all my posts have been edited so i would appreciate if you guys would do the same

apologies and hope they are accepted

as for me missing the fog light i actaully had it covered and quite well

so the water must have been splashing throught the plastic cover

anyhow

i read the search links and people seem to be fine with a little bit of wetness and having no problems

so thanks and goodnight my name is justin see you tomorrow

HAHAHAHA i just watched the news LOL