Cars

Just to let you know. This forum is for Toyota's and nothing else. If you start a Topic regarding purchase of other cars, I will shut down that topic immediately I see it.

I have shut the Topic down for the 206 started by Illuminati as of Today. This is non negotiable. You can compare cars you come up against when you drive, parts, issues etc.

This forum is not to be abused, swearing will not be tolerated as it is not required.

This is suposed to be a meeting place for people that have a common interest in a Car. If you don't like the car then leave, as far as I am concerned this forum does not need you and your attitude.

Sorry if this seems harsh but I have had enough of magazine warriors and in general people who do not even own the car, but still make comments as though they do.

This forum over the past month or so has changed. It has become very negative and abusive towards members.

I think that if u have a negative or abusive message then think again b4 you post it. We can all lay blame, thats easy to do, the challenge is to try and stop and be positive

My 1.5c

I do agree with the toyota-only bit, the boundaries do sound reasonable.

A forum is a public place for open discussion. I hope that it remains open and friendly as well. But at the moment, there seems to be an air of got-it-all, know-it-all and if someone posts what they think and if it's not accurate or backed-up it will be shot out of the sky.

Perhaps if something that was stated to be not as accurate or correct, maybe something less aggressive and a lot less condescending way. Imagine a newbie coming in and seeing all that and being afraid to post would defeat the purpose of this forum.

I've learnt a lot from this forum. I hope its kept that way.

I agree that it is a Toyota forum, but do we need to be this precious about it?

What about a bit of fair discussion and comparing of notes on similar cars that occupy the same bit of the market? Once someone chooses to by a 206, then we can say goodbye. I read most of those posts and the Sportivo was coming out of it looking good (price, reliability of ECU etc). Not entirely sure we should shut down a discussion comparing the merits of a Toyota car and a non-Toyota car.

This guy was asking you (us) to justify our stance as Toyota lovers to help him make a car buying decision - and what do we do? B!tch-slap him. I'm sure it won't affect his purchasing decision, but if he does get a Sportivo I don't think he will be back here in a hurry.

I thought most of the posts to Illuminati were quite informative and on topic (Especially mine *Grin*) I do see the point to toyota only, I dont want to have to wade through tons and tons of posts on cars that im not interested in but where do you draw the line, thats the hard part. When does a discussion stop being about point a and start being about point b??. after 3 posts with no reference to point a?? 5 posts, 10 posts, you see my point. At least now, Peekay has drawn a line in the sand so we all know where we stand. I think this is a constructive rule and has just cause but not necesarily due to past posts as some point out.

Also, a couple of poeple mentioned about newbies and how "the 206 guy" might not be back in a hurry, Illuminati was on this forum before I was guys, he is a regular here :).

Yes we do have to be precious about it. Besides it was not directed at any one in particular. Illuminati has been on this forum since day one. And I am sure he understands the implications of what the forum is about. If he wants to buy a Sportivo good on him I have directed him to a Toyota dealer friend of mine if he contacted him well that is his choice. But he has been "getting" a Sportivo well into Last Year since they were released.

But understand this, this forum is for Toyota owners it even has it up at the top of the page please scroll up if you doubt me. It does not say Ford, Holden, Renault or any other car manufacturer. As moderator I have been watching this forum most days since it started and recently it has got out of control. Most of the people who started in this forum forgive me if I am wrong are sick of the crap that is slowly creeping into this forum. As I said enjoy the car even if it does have the odd problem. No car is perfect. Stop putting people down there is enough garbage going on in this world who needs it in this forum.

Most of the people who started in this forum forgive me if I am wrong are sick of the crap that is slowly creeping into this forum.

Yep, put me down as one of them.

I agree on the Toyota-only policy as this is a toyota forum/club. However, i feel that this is not the only issue. being a newbie myself i think you guys can benefit from an outside opinion. I have gone through some old posts as well as all new posts and sometimes there are post can could have been re-worded to not sound as presumptuous, pretentious or condescending as they did. I think this issue should also be addressed.

We all have to live up to the fact that sometime people say things they are not sure about or are sometimes just plain wrong. I am open to such comments. If you know better then it should be your duty to educate or not comment at all. There is no need to snar and growl at them. I personally don't like being told i know nothing or an clueless. Everyone is here to learn something and i think people should keep that in mind when posting. Again this was not directed and anyone in particular and was just a general comment directed at the entire forum. Even though i have not earned my place amongst the "panel of judges" :D i felt this had to be said.

Cheers guys.

I have gone through some old posts as well as all new posts and sometimes there are post can could have been re-worded to not sound as presumptuous, pretentious or condescending as they did. I think this issue should also be addressed.

We are talking about a bunch of car lovin' blokes here. I don't think you will find an English degree out there! Besides, often the words that seem ok when you think them or say them don't quite read right in text to some other person. I've had that problem.

I love my sportivo and all your guys input. But keep all your non-toyota related opinoins to yourself. Were here to enjoy the car and discuss the good and bad points of our rides, so we can overcome little problems and learn how to get the most out of toyota. We don't need intruders and they wont be tolerated as peekay stated. See you guys around the boards! :D

My 2 cents.......