Heatseca's Adventure to Hills Motorsport

Ok, VVTi is not like Lift or VTEC, it doesn't "kick in" at certain RPM.

VVTi is active throughout the entire rev range from idle to cut-out in order to maximise torque & power at all rpm.  Just want to clarify that because alot of people seem to say it.

Nice result from the e-manage tune, glad your happy with it.

VVT-Li has the kick in. Pretty sure the thing jumps to another set of lobes, first on exhaust outlet, then inlet manifold.....but im not 100% sure. correct me if i'm wrong :)

Yes that's right VVTLi does kick in after 6000 rpm but VVTi is constant.

Edited by IZZ-FE

Damn, they are some great results there from the Greddy. Well done mate.

66 kw to start with though, that is dodgy as for the sort of mods you had done man, i would have been cut, haha.

Just to clarify that somewhat deceptive torque number however...a standard commo pumps out 320nm of torque, somewhat different to the capabilities of a 1.8L 4 cyl.

The average corolla will put down ~200nm of torque on a dyno dynamics shootout, although they are really only around the 170 mark. So going by this rough ratio it still comes up that you are getting approx 290nm. I thought my readout was dodgy when the dyno operator figured out that i got 235nm, but 290, without a CAI, sounds like something went wrong...i mean, that is about a 70% increase over a stock 1zz (and seeing as you were only making 66kw atw before, i am going to assume that your torque was at a similar mark).

Unless you feel like your car has been supercharged (symptoms include difficulties getting the power down and zealous acceleration up hills), i have to be saying that 290nm even is somewhat questionable - you werent running 20 inch wide wheels or anything on the dyno? :P In a perfect dyno testing environment i dont think this figure is attainable with the mods you have done man.

That being said, it will be interesting to see what BS figures the Freshmaker comes up with in a few months, once i have invested in a chip :)

Damn, they are some great results there from the Greddy. Well done mate.

66 kw to start with though, that is dodgy as for the sort of mods you had done man, i would have been cut, haha.

Just to clarify that somewhat deceptive torque number however...a standard commo pumps out 320nm of torque, somewhat different to the capabilities of a 1.8L 4 cyl.

The average corolla will put down ~200nm of torque on a dyno dynamics shootout, although they are really only around the 170 mark. So going by this rough ratio it still comes up that you are getting approx 290nm. I thought my readout was dodgy when the dyno operator figured out that i got 235nm, but 290, without a CAI, sounds like something went wrong...i mean, that is about a 70% increase over a stock 1zz (and seeing as you were only making 66kw atw before, i am going to assume that your torque was at a similar mark).

Unless you feel like your car has been supercharged (symptoms include difficulties getting the power down and zealous acceleration up hills), i have to be saying that 290nm even is somewhat questionable - you werent running 20 inch wide wheels or anything on the dyno?  :P  In a perfect dyno testing environment i dont think this figure is attainable with the mods you have done man.

That being said, it will be interesting to see what BS figures the Freshmaker comes up with in a few months, once i have invested in a chip  :)

Questionable on a few things I know...

Apparently the car was severly out of tune... It was too lean at low rpm, and way to rich at high rpm, so that was a key factor as to why the intial kw reading was low...

Although the torque reading is insanely high, the tuner did say that would translate to around the 200 mark so then again I dont think its that out of the ordinary...

I was also thinking that (i could be wrong here..) a dynometer doesnt have the same sorta friction you get on the road ie. the dyno allows your wheels to turn a little easier. Maybe that is why i got such a reading... Does that sound right?

Then again we come to the old argument of different tuners and dynos and the different readings they give. There's even ambiguity between different engines of the same type. For example, I've seen a stock 1ZZ-FE get over 80 kw while another stock 1ZZ-FE give around 72 kw. Probably if I put my car on a different dyno, i'd get a different reading...

Hey sorry to be a pain in the butt "heatseca" but i was just wondering is there any chance of posting a copy of ur dyno sheet i would be interested to see wat the figures are like!!!!!

"I am taking my car to get dynoed on wednesday after seeing the figures that ur car produced it will be interesting to see how the dyno will register a rolla using the power-enterprise camcon and with 18" wheels it will probably register sum BS figure like 600nm/torque!!!LOL" :D But none the less any performance gain is still a good one!!! :lol:

Hey sorry to be a pain in the butt "heatseca" but i was just wondering is there any chance of posting a copy of ur dyno sheet i would be interested to see wat the figures are like!!!!!

"I am taking my car to get dynoed on wednesday after seeing the figures that ur car produced it will be interesting to see how the dyno will register a rolla using the power-enterprise camcon and with 18" wheels it will probably register sum BS figure like 600nm/torque!!!LOL" :D But none the less any performance gain is still a good one!!! :lol:

I've been meaning to post it up but I dont have a scanner so you'll have to wait until I do it at uni or a friends place...

600 nm?? He he, I'd like to see that!! :P