2 cruising sections CALLING ALL MODS

justin_es

ok i was thinking alot of other forums have an official cruise section and unofficial

now us sydney boys have finally got something happening but our cruise thread is just gonna keep growing and growing

so yeha i dont know maybe make a no postable sticky

with the details of the OFFICIAL cruise of each different state

that way easy to find details and no one will be making 100 posts to traffic the thread

so yeah hmm any ideas

Edited by evl_50a

so yeah maybe get a person to represent each state example

has to be mod cus posts will be locked

and the details for each states cruises can be adjusted when needed

actually not sure how easy this is to happen but i wouldnt mind a key

i could look after that particular thread im on here like everyday so im always contactable

HERE.......HERE!!!! :D I agree with EVL it's all well and good to have the thread for the cruise but it does seem to get abit filled up with other topics and not just cruises in general.....cos like the monthly meet thread i started it then turned into wat time, where is it, will we go again next week....etc.....and now its like 6 pages long or sumthing with almost 3 different subjects!!!

So yeah that idea would be very cool!!!!! :D

i think so many of these overloads of over repeated topics and long a$$ threads could be solved with a chat applet. everyone logs in with their nickname and password... with maybe a different room for each state or whatever... and people can discuss about cruises, mods, cars, whatever they want.

it couldn't do any bad could it? :D

hmm maybe we dont wanna seperate any states but we are all here together

i dont wanna change anything all i wanna do is add 1 locked thread that only 1 person can change all the details through

anyone organising a cruise PMs me or ??? the details and i post it up

it makes it so much easier to fins cus there is NO duscussion about it just cruise details ( if people wanna discuss things they just have to start the topic aswell)

that way all details of a cruise or a meet will be posted and easy to find

and after that date it will be deleted

and i know im willing to do all the work and look after it as im on here almost everyday and would like to give this a go

but you cant send a PM to me and say heres details for a cruise tomoz cus i cant be on very second

haha

personally i think its a top idea nothing changes cept theres is a cruise detail thread for easy to find info on cruises no traffic in between details thats all

oh yeah thats not a bad idea aswell but come on guys i really wanna contribute to the forum and the club and i think that this might be a good way

makes it easier for people to find up and coming cruises and events

MUCH EASIER

*raises hand*

ill put my vote in for evl - he's done heaps of work getting the sydney meets happening. if anyone should be in charge of coordinating sydney meets it should be him..

i dunno who is in charge of making this decision but i say we give him this power :P

I can agree with the sentiment of having the events more clearly shown. I missed the Melbourne Dyno day because I didn't even know it was on. :unsure: It's so far to scroll down to the Meets & Events forum.... :P

About being a mod, look, alright, i'll do it. Power me up shiznets!

I would 2nd EVL-50a to run this page as i am on the forum 5days a week 10-6pm and have more than enough time to answer any queries about cruises in the SYD area its good cos with our regular monthly meet we are starting to bulid up more contacts with our SYD members and building the reputation of this club as well!!!!! :D So JUSTIN i would be more than happy to help out in this idea of yours!!! :lol:

cheers guys

appreciate the votes hehe but doesnt seem we have any attention from any mods

and as for runx get stuffed LOL nah joking man

he is definatly as much apart of all this organising as i am

i cant take all the credit

cheers man

i honestly beleive that this will benefit everyone

whether sunny and i run it for the whole country or just have different people for each state whatever is fine with me

cheers

*mod raises hand and says* im here now guys, just reading the topic, i think its a great idea, here is what im thinking all feedback is welcome.

2 sections for the events/cruises. first one is for the topics about events/cruises all the info you need and will stay open untill the event passes, when this happen the thread will be closed and left there, there will be a new thread started in the 2nd section (dunno what we will call it) that is basically a round up of the event with the pics/vids included in that thread.....tell me what you think

hmmm i reckon it would possibly work but it still builds a cluster within that particular topic making it harder for people to just make 1 click and there is all the info needed

do you understand what i mean northy

like info of the cruise is spread out over2 or 3 pages before everything is actually finalised

so if we make anon postable thread that the info of all the cruises are put into it then there is no message cluster just straight into the details and only in 1 post cus ill just use edit rather than re posting

alot of forums have an official section where mods need to be PM to actually have the cruise put into it

thats the kinda effect im after

and thats what im willing to look after

myself and runx