NEW RIMS, need help........

leasaunce

http://stores.ebay.com.au/St-Tyres

fair enough this is from ebay. but there located in sydney.

i got my wheels from there and they cost my $560 without tyres but the guys was will to add tyres to the deal for $90 a tyre 205/40/r17.

anyway maybe just contact them and find out where they are in sydney and go check out what they have.

you wont be dissapointed with there pricing.(i wasnt)

and they crap all over the RJR wheels i first had.

heres a pic of both

the shadow chrome is what i got from st-tyres for $560 the set

and the bronze is RJR from bob jane they were $142 per wheel

the 1st one looks good!where's it from?but i guess it depends on wad car u're putting them on too..

HI guys,

im looking to buy Brand New 17" Rims. what's a good shop to buy?? i've searched BOB JANE n couple of other shops. But where can i get the CHEAPEST in sydney?

S029-s.gif

OR

s009-s.jpg

any good shops in sydney????

http://stores.ebay.com.au/St-Tyres

fair enough this is from ebay. but there located in sydney.

i got my wheels from there and they cost my $560 without tyres but the guys was will to add tyres to the deal for $90 a tyre 205/40/r17.

they are St George Tyres on the Princes Highway

check out...

St George Tyres

• 3 years later...

Sorry for bringing up an old thread, but i ddint exactly wanna start a new thread to ask such a simple question.

anyway, im finishing uni now so im going to tackle my mod list real soon.

the first on the agenda is new rims. im a noob with everything and ive been warned that i could get screwed over. i want 19s on my 07 camry altise and i was wondering what tips you guys could give me whilst purchasing them? eg what typa of wheels are best, what questions should i ask and the answers im looking for, what type of tire should i get (daily driver plus they have to withstand the weight of my car as i heard sometiems they screw you over that way) and maybe suspension and shocks advise (though i know its really up to me)

thanks in advance

prv8no

Sorry for bringing up an old thread, but i ddint exactly wanna start a new thread to ask such a simple question.

anyway, im finishing uni now so im going to tackle my mod list real soon.

the first on the agenda is new rims. im a noob with everything and ive been warned that i could get screwed over. i want 19s on my 07 camry altise and i was wondering what tips you guys could give me whilst purchasing them? eg what typa of wheels are best, what questions should i ask and the answers im looking for, what type of tire should i get (daily driver plus they have to withstand the weight of my car as i heard sometiems they screw you over that way) and maybe suspension and shocks advise (though i know its really up to me)

thanks in advance

prv8no

I'm noob but I'll give u my opinion..

Wheels is a matter of taste. If u'r lookin for d best in terms of light-weight, go Japan's. They are mostly lightweight.

Then u should bargain till ur satisfied with the price. Of course u should ask the pcd and off-set to suit ur car.

With different car, there's a standard load-rating u have to fulfill through the tyres. Another problem if u go 19s, there's a possibility of scrubbin in ur car If u change ur springs and stuff. If u wanna change spring and lower them, choose a hard spring, not a soft one. It'll end up like mine.. <_< Unless u leave it stock, it's pretty much okay I reckon. But meh, 19s not lowered. Definitely wouldn't recommend... :lol:

thanks for your reply VF-X. i know that rims is a matter of taste, i already got a sorta style that im on the prowl for. and dont worry, once i get 19's im going to lower it within a week i get my 19's. what kind of set up do you have on your ride VF-X if you dont mind me asking? i want to try minimise rubbing as much as possible, any suggestions?

how important is PCD ? does it have to be exact?

PCD or Pitch Circle Diameter is REALLY important as it's in basic determines the spacing between the studs... Also number of stud is important when it comes to selection of rims. How much budget do you have? Are you after only style? Are you going to track your car? Cheap rims tend to be weaker "cast" type construct while generally the more expensive rims are 1 or 2 or 3 piece forged :)

Thanks for your reply DA,

i got a budget of 3k, but that includes tyres aswell. reasonable? and im planning to the baby lowered but somehow try to maintain stock comfort (or better. any suggestions?) so plus another 500-1k ontop of that. been saving for a while. but no im not planning to track my car at all. im all about looks at the moment (not practical for me to get a very powerful car just yet)

as for the style i want, its something along the lines of this;

Mandrus_Millenium_Black.jpg

those exact ones have a stud pattern of 5x112, so as far as i know it wont fit on my camry.

thanks for your reply fellas, appreciate it a lot.

cheers, prv8no

• 2 weeks later...

my memory is bad so im not to sure if the camry is a 5x114.3..

But if u want a similar style to that then try PDW C-16..

I kinda fancy those rims as well.. But need to save if ima get it..

Theres a place in Fairfield east called Tyre for less that would sell it for roughly $1800 with good tyres..

EDIT: Updated with photos

post-13405-1258081195_thumb.jpg

Edited by Styles

Thanks for your reply DA,

i got a budget of 3k, but that includes tyres aswell. reasonable? and im planning to the baby lowered but somehow try to maintain stock comfort (or better. any suggestions?) so plus another 500-1k ontop of that. been saving for a while. but no im not planning to track my car at all. im all about looks at the moment (not practical for me to get a very powerful car just yet)

as for the style i want, its something along the lines of this;

Mandrus_Millenium_Black.jpg

those exact ones have a stud pattern of 5x112, so as far as i know it wont fit on my camry.

thanks for your reply fellas, appreciate it a lot.

cheers, prv8no

Thats alright man :)

You might want to consider looking around cause I know off my head there are a few guys that are selling 17" 2nd Hand rims from makers such as Rays, Enkei, 5Zigen, etc with tires for <3K if you like that type of thing, only issue is then I have no idea the PCD or optimal offset for the Camry =|

Personally I'd rather 2nd hand big name brands (good condition of course) over any copied rims simply because I know it won't buckle overtime due to crappy Australian roads. Generally they're lighter too so faster acceleration, less weight and better economy ;) Win Win Win...

Edited by DreadAngel