Badges

Romp

Hey guys

Ive debadged some of my car ... but before removing the rest I wanna know what else you guys have stuck on to replace them (if replaced at all)

Ive seen a couple posts of a few badges but i thought I would start this thread to get an entire compilation of badges available for the Rolla

When i mean entire I dont want some Mugen badges etc - only Rolla related!

Thanks!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My standard badging has all been removed except the VVTL-i. I have replaced the Toyota logo on the rear and the Sideskirts Sportivo Badge like this....

gallery_421_19_1131996712.jpg

gallery_421_19_1131996745.jpg

gallery_421_19_1122153210.jpg

Edited by Azza

i currently have 2 badges.... the front and back toyota logo... because the body it moulded to the shape of the badge and i think it would look funny without it.

the back of my car looks the same as Azza's... but my car is completely black and my badge is still silver

Look at Gallery, I've got the Echo/RAV4 VVTi stickers on the front door trims

yer thats the kind of stuff that im looking for

Im gonna remove my red ascent badge (look at garage) but dunno if i should replace it or just remove all my badging on the back? im worried will look a bit bare

I noticed the other day that the new Hi-Ace Vans have a nice VVT-i badge for the 1ZZ owners where it is a nice silver badge (not sticker) and the 'i' is red....

hey romp i was wondering how exactly did you remove your car

i only ask this because so many people use different tactics so im trying to find the easiest way haha cus im useless LOL

also was there any marks or shadows where the badges used to be

oh and also you aswell azza

Edited by evl_50a

my name wasnt on the list but i did it 3 weeks ago, so i'll tell you anyway ;)

1. get some dental floss or fishing line and use it as a saw to get through the glue / double sided tape that is holding your badges on

2. scratch as much residue off with your fingernail as you can

3. use a product that will disolve glue (i used DESOLV-IT as mentioned in another thread) and rub with paper towel or a cotton bud until all residue is removed

4. wax and wax/polish and she will be as good as new

I've got South African RunX badges to go on mine to replace the 'ascent' bit :)

but I haven't put them on (holding off till my car matches the performance I expect from the name 'runx' it's like the finishing touch for my car) :)

:ph34r:

My Approach was less complicated to remove my SECA badge...

I parked my car .. went shopping .. came back and peeled the badges off with my fingernail (has a soft spongy rubber stuff to stick to your paint). then used a rag and turps and wiped it down it got rid of the sticker stuff .. then used water to rinse off any remaining turps.

For my bigger badges im going to leave car in the sun for a bit .. then get some waxed dental floss and just run it behind the badge .. then use the turps and rag method again.

Will only leave a shadow the older your car is and how often you leave your car in the sun. But u should be able to polish it and buff it up to look the same colour again unless its REALLY deteriorated.

my name wasnt on the list but i did it 3 weeks ago, so i'll tell you anyway ;)

1. get some dental floss or fishing line and use it as a saw to get through the glue / double sided tape that is holding your badges on

2. scratch as much residue off with your fingernail as you can

3. use a product that will disolve glue (i used DESOLV-IT as mentioned in another thread) and rub with paper towel or a cotton bud until all residue is removed

4. wax and wax/polish and she will be as good as new

Same, except I use turps...

ok sweet haha sounds easy enough

although im taking my car in for a full buff and polish in maybe early next year so ill leave the badges on till then and then ask them to take the badges off for me

cus at the same time it will be all cleaned up too hehe

now thats EASY lol

didnt even need to do anything hahahahaha

ok sweet haha sounds easy enough

although im taking my car in for a full buff and polish in maybe early next year so ill leave the badges on till then and then ask them to take the badges off for me

cus at the same time it will be all cleaned up too hehe

now thats EASY lol

didnt even need to do anything hahahahaha

dude the badges are just stickers on ur car.. u could even just peel it off .. its like some foamy stuff between the badge and ur paint

:ph34r:

The Buddhamobile wears four badges like BigBum's ... one each under the original 1.8 badge on the guards, one on the grille and one on the tailgate handle. I also have Corolla decals under the rear rubbing strips.

Edited by Buddha

yeah thats cool haha i understand that its easy but if im gonna pay big money to get the car detailed properly with a buff and polish haha cus it aint cheap i may aswell make something out of it and get them to do that too

im in no rush i go tthe sleeper effect happing for now till i finsih the motor then one day gonna roll it into the garage and the drive it out with everything done hehe not gonna go 1 thing at a time

ill buy everything get it all fitted at once

wow how exciting i cant wait hehe

like the dash idea! doesnt the sticker want to peel of that material?

Nah, its not a peely type of sticker, its a metal plate like thetype that sits on the outside of the car with the sticky stuff at the back.