Waxing & Polishing

CheekySportivo

Which polish do you use & recommend ?  

89 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Yeah i saw it at my local supercheap today!

i got Meguiars gold! and let me tell you its shinning more now than it was new 4months ago!!!!! Im really impressed!

i got Meguiars gold! and let me tell you its shinning more now than it was new 4months ago!!!!! Im really impressed!

hmmm .. i gotta get me some now ..

or might see if *someone* I know might let me borrow a bit ... *nudge nudge *

anyone know where i can buy a claybar? or clay as it is commonly known?

i cant find it at supercheap, probably not sure if it will show up at autobarn either.

Aparently some dude in melb from another forum does wonders with this clay stuff for your clearcoat :lol:

That's weird mate, all the Autobarns/SCA's sell the Meguiar's Claybar/QD pack in my area (Knox). I know that Autobarn Chadstone and City stock 'em as well, so it might be worth giving them a shot. The pack is around $30 and you get a small 50g (I think) claybar with a bottle of Quick Detailer. It's a good starter pack to.. umm, start with. :rolleyes:

Alternatively, I'd highly recommend a Clay Magic BLUE claybar from www.finalinspection.com.au . It's around $50 for the claybar by itself but it is 200g (much bigger) and works a lot better than the Meguiar's one. Email damian@finalinspection.com.au and see if you can work out a Claybar/QD pack of sorts... this route is more expensive than Meguiar's, but it'll last a whole lot longer and work a lot better.

Hope this helps. :)

• 3 months later...

Ok i got around to detailing my car today...

gave it the full baby works Ph neutral shampoo + 35degree water

degreesed the wheels and brushed it off with tyre cleaner

claybar the whole car from top to bottom practically used up all my quick detail spray and so i ended up using shampoo and water solution for the rest.

At which this point the car was gleaming... absolutely mirror finish so obviously the next step is either rubbing compound or *bypass that step* and add sealent or wax

so i read the package and it says apply wax with pad and let it settle for a few minutes, wipe off with damp cloth then buff with a dry cloth...

At which this point i thought simple on and off and buff... i then did it and when i was taking it off it was leaving sections of "carnubal blob" which i tried to buff out but it keeps being pushed around.

It took me 2 hours too buff the front and the driver side door at which this point i grabbed my barely used "meguires quick wax spray and did the rest of the car".

Comparing to it the quick wax spray works best leaving a more gleaming reflective appearance whereas the application of the yellow carnubal wax makes it smudgy and not as appealing as i had hoped for.

How do i make this buffing process less tedious? can any1 give me some tips?

i use that stuff too!

Damn good!

i cant find it at supercheap, probably not sure if it will show up at autobarn either.

Aparently some dude in melb from another forum does wonders with this clay stuff for your clearcoat :lol:

I've seen it at AutoOne in Waitara, next to the Bridgestone on Pacific Hwy near Hornsby.

But price unknown.....try Ebay

it's just like a mild cutting compound in a 1-2-3 process

1 - wash and dry the car

2 - apply scratch X then buff off

3 - apply Gold Class liquid wax and buff off

if you follow the direction on the bottles that's what they tell you to do and the 2 complement each other.

the final line on the scratch X blurb says: For quick touch ups on one section, or revive your car's look with a application to the entire vehicle.

I've seen it at AutoOne in Waitara, next to the Bridgestone on Pacific Hwy near Hornsby.

But price unknown.....try Ebay

I've seen it at both Repco and Supercheap in the Maguires range in the last week...

claybar the whole car from top to bottom practically used up all my quick detail spray and so i ended up using shampoo and water solution for the rest.

so i read the package and it says apply wax with pad and let it settle for a few minutes, wipe off with damp cloth then buff with a dry cloth...

How do i make this buffing process less tedious? can any1 give me some tips?

Which wax are you using? By Yellow, I take it as Meguiar's #26 Yellow Paste? If it is, you need to let it dry for longer than a few minutes, try 30 mins. This is because it's not a pure carnauba wax, it contains synthetic polymers as well. It needs to dry fully to ensure bonding.

Here's a tip when claying: dilute your QD with water 1:1

thanx chomps =D ur a champ... i guess im throwing that meguires wax in the bin and going to get some poorboys stuff :lol:

No worries mate. I'd say use what you have.. no point spendin up unless you really need to. I find that Meg's #26 Yellow paste is a fairly decent carnauba wax, much better than most of the stuff you find at K-Mart, etc. Give it another shot but if you're really unsatisfied, Poorboys Natty's (Blue or original) Wax would be my next recommendation.

EDIT: Here's a graphite Honda Accord that I detailed last week with Natty's Blue on top:

thumb.jpg

Sun was down, so I couldn't get any outdoor full sun shots, but you get what I mean.

Edited by Chompies

Has anyone got more pictures of their vehicle?.....

preferably a black car.....

Post the best picture of your car possible that shows the depth of reflection(also tag the picture with the products you use and how often)

Thanks.

P.S. large pictures if possible

• 1 month later...

no one mentioned about Black Magic Liquid Wax, anyone tried these before? any good? I did a search and like all other brands, there are good and bad comments but would like to know what people in this forum think.

thank you

Black Magic is ok but not the best results I've achieved by a long shot. I had their rep throw some at me to try about 2 years ago but a lot more time consuming to get a result that wasn't as good as using Meguiars/Bowdens. The car wash they have is ok but again not the best around.

• 2 weeks later...

we just bought meguires NXT generation wax and meguires gold class leather cleaner / conditioner for the leather............nice results :D

i also found big w was cheaper for meguires products. :D

DSC06651.jpg

• 1 month later...