Calling owners of koni shockkies...

gus

hi all,

will be fitting koni shocks on my 03 stivo shortly :P

what setting should one adjust their front and rear shocks to? e.g. half turn?

what are your feedback on soft vs hard setting?

any recommendations? or are the factory koni settings ok?

would like to get rear shockies set right first time round

btw - car used for street driving only, no plans for track work.

tia :lol:

how easy are they to adjust?  :o

should be picking mine up from beaurapairs anytime soon can;t wait  :D

the rear shocks are not externally adjustable. so you have to set the level of softness / hardness before it is installed.

but the front shocks are externally adjustable, so can adjust when ever...

Hey guys,

ive got a quick question is it neccessary to get camber bolts for the Koni's or can you do without it?

as mentioned by shaohaok, one could do without the camber kit, however it would mean more uneven tyre wear for the front hops [tyres].

btw - camber kits are only for the front wheels. corolla's have torsion beam setup for rear, so the rear has natural -ve camber. hence no camber kit?

Edited by gus

Hey guys,

ive got a quick question is it neccessary to get camber bolts for the Koni's or can you do without it?

as mentioned by shaohaok, one could do without the camber kit, however it would mean more uneven tyre wear for the front hops [tyres].

btw - camber kits are only for the front wheels. corolla's have torsion beam setup foir rear, so the rear has natural -ve camber. hence no camber kit

there are camber kits for the rear ;) just uses adjustable shim things

Ok thanks guys, by the way i have a 1zzfe, so would that make any difference? What are we looking at in regards for price when it come to the camber kits?

camber kit isnt very expensive in the scheme of things.. whiteline one i wanna get

u guys think i should bother with camber kit for 35mm drop ?will my tyres still swear unevenly with 35mm? if so how many degrees should i have withthe kit? neg 1 ?

camber kit isnt very expensive in the scheme of things.. whiteline one i wanna get

u guys think i should bother with camber kit for 35mm drop ?will my tyres still swear unevenly with 35mm? if so how many degrees should i have withthe kit? neg 1 ?

my 5 cents, i think it depends on how one drives? e.g. drive the stivo like a go-kart or like granny :lol:

i probably would skip the camber kit...

feed back please :D

my 5 cents, i think it depends on how one drives? e.g. drive the stivo like a go-kart or like granny :lol:

i probably would skip the camber kit...

feed back please :D

if u are sick of turn-in understeer then -1.5 degrees should be a fine balance between wear and performance.