Optimax Extreme

United Boost 98.Ethanol all the way, not going to pay premium prices when you can get premium performance at unleaded prices, and it makes the car run better...oh and so does the CES exhaust (a quick plug to Trev and Les) :D

Ethanol contains something like 35% oxygen so the biatch burns better :)

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

One thing that concerns me with it is this:

Optimax is made up of 95RON Premium + additives to make it reach it's 98RON, so is Optimax extreme 95RON Premium + additives + Ethanol ?  How Clean is the fuel ?

precisely... I'd hate to see the injectors after a few months using this cocktail...

EDIT: and Azza that site you linked to is all marketting crap, I wouldn't believe a word... and never in there does it say it is not formulated from 95 octane... as it is!!! :rolleyes:

I'll still stick with the Caltex Vortex 98 for now... if it's not broke why fix it!!!

Well, no progress will be made if u don't try it out, i mean, u gotta fill up anyway

whats the harm in trying a similarly priced fuel for a few tanks. who knows? it might acutally be good.

no progress will be made if he uses it once either. if he has run his car on vortex 98 (like i do) for a while, then no other fuel will feel better than the 98. cars are designed to tune themselves to whatever fuel they get used to using, thats why there are so many arguments over which is better. personally i would never use Optimax, mainly because i used it in my old celica, and the car just started pinging, and when i pulled the fuel filter off afterwards, it was full of ****. Im sticking with Vortex 98 as well.

Having worked in an oil lab and seeing the results for octane testing on Caltex in Brisbane things vary a little batch to batch ;) .

Some 91 RON would come out at 94 RON and some 95 at 98.So a lot of 98 would be 99-100 RON Too many variables come in to it. Different batch and its 97.9 RON :P

Having worked in an oil lab and seeing the results for octane testing on Caltex in Brisbane things vary a little batch to batch ;) .

Some 91 RON would come out at 94 RON and some 95 at 98.So a lot of 98 would be 99-100 RON Too many variables come in to it. Different batch and its 97.9 RON  :P

Are you saying then that there is a chance that the RON we THINK we are buying may not be as high as it is supposed to be...

CALL RAY MARTIN AND EXPOSE THIS FRAUD :P

Some 91 RON would come out at 94 RON and some 95 at 98.So a lot of 98 would be 99-100 RON Too many variables come in to it. Different batch and its 97.9 RON  :P

Are you saying then that there is a chance that the RON we THINK we are buying may not be as high as it is supposed to be...

CALL RAY MARTIN AND EXPOSE THIS FRAUD :P

Nah it will be as pretty much as high or higher just variable. I just think there the batches have slight tolerances like anything. :)

I've only used octane boost once when I filled up a with tank full of very bad fuel, since it usually takes me about two weeks to go through a tank, I wasn't going to wait till it emptied.

I've used pretty much nothing but Optimax for the last 28,000km's or the life so far of the car, It runs nicely, doesn't ping and has no problems. Fuel economy is good too.

I started using Optimax then migrated to Ultimate and found here in QLD that the Ultimate appears to be a better fuel, however since the pricing has hiked a bit lately, I went back to Optimax for the 4c a litre saving. When you chew through a tank or more a week, it adds up.

Need to fill up tomorrow morning before I drive to Toowoomba so I might thry the Extreme seeing that it is available at my local Coles Express and see how she runs on the highway. (And the Toowoomba range, oh how I love the Toowoomba Range.. :P )

Alright boys...

Last night I filled up with 57 litres of Optimax Extreme and I have reset my ECU.

I will be leaving in about an hour or so for my overnighter to Toowoomba. I will report back tomorrow with how we wnet comfort and milage wise....

Cheers

A :)

I've stopped using the 4c/L savings as I've found that here the petrol stations without the discount are usually 3c/l cheaper then the bowser price at the discounted ones, but I can drive in fill up and leave without waiting in queues. I don't mind paying 1c/L more to save 15 minutes... reoughly equates to 55c per tank :rolleyes:

just shop around for the best price... but always Caltex 98 ;)

thats why all the fuels are specified as minimum 91/95/98 RON.

we get our fuel tested on site, and never has it been exact, always more, but usually only by 0.2 or so.

OK, after a ECU reset and 450km round trip to Toowoomba and back incorporating highway and city cycles, I can advise that my fuel guage is approximately half way between 1/2 & 3/4 full.

Based on this usage, I estimate about 900 - 1000kms from the tank, and QLD people knowing the way I drove, I am quite impressed.

Have to drive city cycle to work for the week so I will update again when the tanks nears emptyness...

My concern with the Ethanol blended fuels is not that my engine will run on it, but it is the fact the Ethanol is corrosive.

On my new MX5 Mazda has said the engine is safe to run a 10% blended Ethanol fuel in one sentence, but then in another they say although the engine is safe to run on this blended fuel they do not encourage it as the rubber fuel lines are not designed for its use and thus cannot guarantee the lines will not corrode long term.

For me that's enough to give it a miss! 98 Octane will do for the time been!

Hey Guys,

I filled up with the optimax extreme on saturday. Had one click or 2 worth of vortex 98 when i filled up. I have done 180Km's city driving since then and its smack bang on 3/4 of a tank. Thats a record for me on any fuel. I spoke to the mechanics at dads work and they say 5% enthonol can be good for alot of things, i.e keepign the tank clean so forth.

The engine feels like it is sparkin quicker then the vortex 98 as well with a smoother mid range feel to it.

Anyway thats my 2 cents.

-Bill

Edited by SyxXPaC

My concern with the Ethanol blended fuels is not that my engine will run on it, but it is the fact the Ethanol is corrosive.

On my new MX5 Mazda has said the engine is safe to run a 10% blended Ethanol fuel in one sentence, but then in another they say although the engine is safe to run on this blended fuel they do not encourage it as the rubber fuel lines are not designed for its use and thus cannot guarantee the lines will not corrode long term.

For me that's enough to give it a miss! 98 Octane will do for the time been!

I understand what you mean, although I have not yet heard anything about it's corrosiveness. TMC advised me that my engine is compatible with Ethanol, and they warrant it's use to a maximum 10% blend, and I have it in writing. Being that I plan to replace the car soon after the expiration of the warranty then I am satisfied with it. Plus I have it in writing from them too :P

I had to fuel up last night, and I took a bit (54 litres to be exact). And the result, just over 800kms.

This was a mix of about 400km highway then the rest of the week on city cycles (and if yo know my driving style, you will appreciate this economy).

Normally for the same trips I would have hit about 550 - 600 km before the car got thirsty with either BP Ultimate or regular Optimax, so not a bad result.

United Boost 98.Ethanol all the way, not going to pay premium prices when you can get premium performance at unleaded prices, and it makes the car run better...oh and so does the CES exhaust (a quick plug to Trev and Les)  :D

Ethanol contains something like 35% oxygen so the biatch burns better  :)

What makes the CES so special? compared to any other exhaust shops cat back system.

Ok, stop talking about the CES here. we're talkin about the 100 RON here man.

start a new thread or go dig up any of those threads that evolved into CES sucks or CES rocks debates. :angry:

And if u don't stop. I"ll have to release a Povo/Chrome Racing Exhaust and sell it for 1 percent of the price of the CES ones!

LOL "made in china" shall we start up a business negatron?

my family manages shipping and exporting goods as a 3rd family business on the side

lets just say.. TAX FREE from asia WOOOHOOOOOOO and we can prob get exhausts made for like 20 bux over there =D. hey i know a few welder businesses in vietnam that can prob do it for like 2 bux each. just buy 1 "CES" AND IMITATE EM ALL :lol: (kidding)

as for the ethanol stuff 2 thumbs up :lol: it works better then the dodgy caltex vortex. :lol:

start a new thread or go dig up any of those threads that evolved into CES sucks or CES rocks debates.  :angry:

And if u don't stop. I"ll have to release a Povo/Chrome Racing Exhaust and sell it for 1 percent of the price of the CES ones!

Deep breathes bro!!! :o

Where can i get this 100 oct stuff?

start a new thread or go dig up any of those threads that evolved into CES sucks or CES rocks debates.  :angry:

Deep breathes bro!!! :o

Where can i get this 100 oct stuff?

Read the first couple of posts on this thread....