Optimax Extreme

From the Honda website i saw that it is possible for their cars to LOSE power with Ethanol blend fuel and cars like the S2000, DC2 Integra TyeR cannot use Ethanol blend fuel. :unsure:

I guess Toyotas have the edge here :D

Edited by ZEEROLLA

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi all, I'm new here...

I've just been reading all this info on the 100RON.  As of it, I haven't tried it out yet.  But my question is..how did some of you guys get over 550km/tank....

And i've also been wondering..how many km will a corolla go after the fuel indicator light has gone on

how many km it will go will depend on each car of course. but the fuel light will come on every car when there is approx 15L left in the tank.

mm..that means my light go on about 500km..so..i probably still got 200km left before my tank run dry..mm..interesting...oh well..500km is on 98RON.. i get pretty much the same milage on 95RON..probably slightly less...but about the same..

Hi all, I'm new here...

I've just been reading all this info on the 100RON.  As of it, I haven't tried it out yet.  But my question is..how did some of you guys get over 550km/tank....

And i've also been wondering..how many km will a corolla go after the fuel indicator light has gone on

the record i've ever heard was 650-700 in a tank. poor sod never revved it past 3000rpm just so he could win a bet or something with the wife.

I got 691km to a tank and drove the car like I usually do. Sometimes fast somtimes cruising. ;) That was only on optimax. As soon as shell can ge their act together and have extreme at the bowser when they advertise it i'll get some. Always sold out :angry:

Are there any qualitative data on the Optimax Extreme as yet? Like actual dyno printouts showing increase in power/torque or reduce in wear/tear or better fuel economy, cleaner engine, less pinging /detonation etc etc?? The only good comment i have heard in the media so far was on V8 Supercars by Dik Jonhson i think.

• 1 month later...

Yip Blue_Stivo I'm with you mate, I've filled up about 2-3 times with the new fuel and have not noticed any difference at all, can't feel any power increase nor do I get any more KM's on the clock...

I was using Optimax before but am now trying Vortex as many of you guys like it (and it seems to be cheaper, and also can't notice much of a difference to tell you the truth) :-P

Personally I think it’s a waist of money, and Shell are ripping people off with there new fuel (don’t know much about it but heard that ethanol should make the fuel cheaper but yet they are charging more!)

Ow well thats life, not 100% sure if it's true but thats what I got told any way... :-)

I'm still a Optimax Extreme user Dylan, and I ain't changing... blah blah.... :P

heheh - nah, I reckon there is a diff, after many tanks (about 20) and a ECU Rest & service, I certain believe that there is a difference....

I had 5 tanks + ECU reset + service

Plus I've been luck and been able to fill up while driving in Sydney but, cannot get Extreme100 down here in Wollongong (closest Extreme Service station is 55km away) and still cheaper for Vortex98...

I had 5 tanks + ECU reset + service

Plus I've been luck and been able to fill up while driving in Sydney but, cannot get Extreme100 down here in Wollongong (closest Extreme Service station is 55km away) and still cheaper for Vortex98...

Vortex98 is good fuel, BP Ultimate is a little bit more sluggish from my last exerience with it.. But i even throw in the odd tanks of Vortex95 or Shell 95Unleaded if i cannot find 98Octane fuel and i can't really feel any difference even with 95 Octane. Maybe there is like a couple of horses diff but don't think it wil be that noticeable on the road.

Edited by ZEEROLLA

i used the extreme and its the best fuel i used so far, it makes the car soo smooth and it last forever, i dont know how many ks i got out of it, but the gauge dont move much at all, shame only a few stations have the extreme, they should have it in every shell!