Springs and shocks

<rollin>

Well the coilovers are coming off and i am looking at a spring/shock package now. I know there has been previous discussions on this topic but i need updated info from you guys. Feel free to express thoughts, opinions and any info with what you have or would like on your car.

Cheers :)

personally, i feel that kings springs are good if just want to lower the car with the occasional spirited driving. performance wise or if u are anal about it :P i think eibach are better in that sense but isn't really value for money if u just want a lowered car if u get what i mean.

i haven't tried eibachs on the corolla yet but i have tested kings v eibach with yellow konis on a different car and i think the eibachs have a higher spring rate.

regards to shock absorbers, from prior experience with a couple of cars, lowering with just springs, the stock shocks go funny after some time. the rebound goes soft and the car doesn't really settle quick enough or suck itself down after a bump. some ppl maynot be fussed about it, but i have more confidence having my konis on than just the lowering spring itself.

at the end of the day, its what u want.

hope that helps, m8

OH one more thing, with konis, i find that they need a bit of warming up! they seem a little soft in the mornings and after a bit they stiffen up. its quite subtle but u'd notice it after driving it every day for a few months.

Have been told by Carshine in North Melbourne the same thing regarding the Stock Shockers, it's due to the fact that using them with lower springs they are working outside of their normal range and wear out prematurely.

The spring rates on the coilovers were too high. We changed them to a softer rate spring (-20 pounds) that i was told would improve ride quality significantly, but alas i was still not happy with the banging and crashing effect that coilovers give (over rough roads that is). I still love the height adjustability but i'd much rather a comfortable ride after 2 months with them on. Thanks for all the replys so far.