rear lip melting

i bought my stivo second hand and the ex-owner bought the rear lip from toyota, and the lip dont have hole for the exhaust, now its melting! i went to toyota and first they said the lip is not for sportivos and then the toyota guy asked some one else and the other guy said when buying the rear lip u have to buy the special muffler that the tip is facing downard is well, and they quoted me 299 for the muffler and 80 for putting it on, what can i do? i dont have that much money right now, cause i spend it on buying the car, anyone know how much is it to cut a hole in the rear lip?? anyone else had the same issue???

post-1534-1135245322_thumb.jpg

post-1534-1135245357_thumb.jpg

Edited by sportiyo

for that price get a sports muffler mate, grab a 2nd hand magnaflow under stuff for sale, or go to a place where they can extend your axle back piping but for that price its not really worth it.

toyota are a rip off :S

my brother has a second hand super cat muffler for sale if you're interested

how much is it to cut a whole??i am no looking to buy a muffler yet iam so poor right now

Ill buy that rear skirt off you if u need money :lol:

dont think u will wan it, its bended by the heat, and its melted a bit, if i take that off will the bit that was tucked into the skirt look real ugly? because of half of the exhaust gas stuck in the rear lip,

how much is it to cut a whole??i am no looking to buy a muffler yet iam so poor right now

dont think u will wan it, its bended by the heat, and its melted a bit, if i take that off will the bit that was tucked into the skirt look real ugly? because of half of the exhaust gas stuck in the rear lip,

ill still buy it .. hehe ;)

ill still buy it .. hehe ;)

i will pm u if i wanna sell

Ahhhh the joys of the rear skirt - muffler outlet issue, that takes me back...

search is your friend here... some of my very first post are on this very issue, with pics and everything :D

In my case a $15 exhaust dump pipe style tip extension was put in the end of the muffler tip to release the gas beyond the bumper and divert the hot air downwards. the skirt was replaced and a section cut out for the tip to fit. As the dealer fit mine prior to delivery it was all covered under warranty :D

Unfortunately I've now replaced the exhaust and cannot take fresh pics for you, but get in contact with Negatron for pics of the tip as I hear he did not remove it when he bought the exhaust from me...

Any good panel shop should be able to do it in no time and also charge you less than purchasing a tip

Or you can cut a semi circle and they can put a tough looking metal lip around the semi circle

i dont have any pics with me

Any good panel shop should be able to do it in no time and also charge you less than purchasing a tip

Or you can cut a semi circle and they can put a tough looking metal lip around the semi circle

i dont have any pics with me

i get your idea i seen some car done it, thanks guys i will try to find a place to cut a hole, hopefuly they dont rip me off

great topic same thing is happening to mine, :(

i would like to know one thing though; i have the same setup and was this the case from when it was first sold or is the rear bumper/lip an extra add on that the previous buyer has attatched.

what im asking is if its all starndard or is it an aftermarket add on that has produced the melting problem.

thanx

the rear lip was an option,just like the sports front grill that toyota sells, and toyota dont cut a hole for u cause they think if u buy the rear lip u have to buy their muffler is well, and i dont think they tell people to buy the muffler when people first bought the rear lip which creates the problem we have now

Edited by sportiyo

thx for the reply guys, the guy who cut the hole for me said because the exhaust is behind the lip,its gona cause the gas to go inside the car, so i need to extend the exhaust so its stucking out, instead of hinding behind the lip, is this true or am i ok? because its hard to find a tip that will fit