Road noise 2013 ZR6

2008ZR6

So only the cars like the ZR6 and those with the optional sports suspension upgrades have the noise Issue. Very strange as the sports suspension is hardly aggressive is it not ?

So The 2013 and onward Presara should then be as per normal Aurion for quietness then ?

I wonder if the sports suspension is optional on Presara, and if so does this noise still emulate ?

1 hour ago, Tony Prodigy said:

Can it then be a camber issue ?

Rear Toe ??

This is like pulling teeth.

I have had everything checked out - alignment is ok. As I mentioned earlier,it is will all the Sportivos that I have driven in the 50 series. learning to live with the noise for the time being. Hopefully someone comes up with a solution soon.

10 minutes ago, 2008ZR6 said:

I have had everything checked out - alignment is ok. As I mentioned earlier,it is will all the Sportivos that I have driven in the 50 series. learning to live with the noise for the time being. Hopefully someone comes up with a solution soon.

This now makes me want to go to a dealer and test drive a sportivo.

A close friend of mine has just recently purchased a Prodigy 2012 and hasn't stopped praising me for convincing him to get this over the ATX.

He Hasn't stopped raving about it ..

2 minutes ago, Tony Prodigy said:

This now makes me want to go to a dealer and test drive a sportivo.

A close friend of mine has just recently purchased a Prodigy 2012 and hasn't stopped praising me for convincing him to get this over the ATX.

He Hasn't stopped raving about it ..

You may have to take the leap and test some softer suspension in it.

Comfort and performance are mutually exclusive in a car at the Aurion price point. If you wanted silence, the sports model was probably not the best choice.

My ATX with the V brace is 2007. 

I think the NVH and sport handling are oposing goals - probably unless you add lots of cash. Im sure Bentley can manage it. 

Mine isnt horribly loud. I just enjoy tinkering. I used to be a Holden mechanic, now school teacher with long Christmas holidays and Ive never tried noise reduction myself so Im having a go.

13 hours ago, matt36415 said:

My ATX with the V brace is 2007. 

I think the NVH and sport handling are oposing goals - probably unless you add lots of cash. Im sure Bentley can manage it. 

Mine isnt horribly loud. I just enjoy tinkering. I used to be a Holden mechanic, now school teacher with long Christmas holidays and Ive never tried noise reduction myself so Im having a go.

Hi Matt,

Thank you for the comments. As I have mentioned earlier, I have previously owned a 2008 ZR6 and have also driven many 2010 SR6s - all extremely quiet, so I can't see why sports handling and NVH can't go together. Toyota has stuffed up on the 50 series - just have to find out where.

16 hours ago, trentmeyer23 said:

You may have to take the leap and test some softer suspension in it.

Comfort and performance are mutually exclusive in a car at the Aurion price point. If you wanted silence, the sports model was probably not the best choice.

Hi Trent,

As I have mentioned earlier, I have previously owned a 2008 ZR6 and have also driven many 2010 SR6s - all extremely quiet and very comfortable. The issue is with the 50 series.

39 minutes ago, 2008ZR6 said:

Hi Trent,

As I have mentioned earlier, I have previously owned a 2008 ZR6 and have also driven many 2010 SR6s - all extremely quiet and very comfortable. The issue is with the 50 series.

You really have 3 basic choices then, throw more money at it, live with it or sell it.

• 2 weeks later...

My ATX has certainly improved with some alterations.

- removed all wheel arch liners and painted Septone underbody deadener on the exposed body panels. Its quite thick. 

- painted underbody deadener under spare wheel storage area.

- stuck butyl sound deadener on approx 50% of inside boot area and under rear seat.

- filled side boot cavities (up high outside the boot hinges) with expanding foam

- lined all metal inside boot with rubber backed nylon carpet. Stuck down with silicone. 

- covered underside of rear parcel shelf with 10mm closed cell foam

- added 2 screws holding parcel shelf firmly down to the metal panel to eliminate rattles.

- covered parcel shelf with same nylon carpet as boot lined with. 

- lined glove box with same carpet.

I have not done anything to the doors. Just ran out of motivation. Have sheets of 10mm closed cell foam to line door panels with.

It was a lot of time but the car now has no rattles and feels more solid. - or sounds more solid. Its quieter.