Karma !

eggbert_99

Hi everyone .. Just want to tell you a little story .. that happened to me last nite !

Last nite I left my phone on the train ...

I didnt realise this until I got a phone call. I was actually already asleep so I had no idea my phone was even missing.

So the house phone rang ... and on the other end was a guy ... funny enough .. his name is Jason .

He said " Mate .. I have your phone"

And I thought to myself ... he could have so easily not bothered to even contact me ... or just left it at the station etc....

Luckly he lives in Stanhope gardens ... so was close by.

There was a box of chocolates in the fridge that we hadent opened so I decided to give it to him as a very small token of appreciation.

So when I got there I had a bit of a chat with him ...

He was not what I expected to see when I got there ... I saw a guy in his late 20's .. his wife and 2 kids and his mother in-law ...

almost looked like the type of perfect family you see on TV or in the movies ..

Anyway ... He explained that his mother in-law was coming down to sydney from gosford and found my phone up there ...

So very fortunate that my phone found its way in to the hands of a family that has the right set of values ...

And this leads me to KARMA ...

For some reason I feel that doing the small things like ... letting someone in when changing lanes .. or little things like that pay off at some other unexpected time.

If we all were more flexible, understanding, patient, kind and courteous, then this society would be more like the family I met last nite ...

I hope they enjoy the choclates !

I have now made it a personal agenda of mine to change my attitudes towards others ... esp when Im driving ... etc ...

Its the little things we do that can change the world ...

any body else experienced this type of kindness .. and do you believe in Karma

that was really nice of the guy to call you up, nice to know there are still honest people out there :)

Ive had experiences with Karma... ill tell you a bad experience which im sure most people would have experienced...

Sometimes when im rude or something to say my mum or brothers, then u smash your arm or leg in to the wall, i think you get punished for being rude!

So i do believe if we were all a little more courteous here and there we will be rewarded later on.

I keep this on my desk at work, although some of it is a bit of a w@nk, most of it rings true...

"I know that I have the ability to achieve my definite purpose in life; therefore, I demand of myself persistent, continuous action towards its attainment, and I here and promise to render such action.

I fully realise that no wealth or position can long ensure, unless built upon truth and justice; therefore I will engage in no transaction, which does not benefit all whom it effects.

I am succeeding by attracting to myself the forces I wish to use and the cooperation of other people. I induce others to serve me because of my willingness to serve others.

I eliminate hatred, envy, jealousy, selfishness, cynicism, anger and fear by having true love for all humanity, because I know that a negative attitude towards can never bring me success.

I cause others to believe in me because I believe in them and in myself.

This is my creed, my quest.

To never stop striving for the top, to always keep moving forward, to always be the very best I can be.

I am the power, I am the magic, I can not be stopped, I am a winner.

I promise to always be true to myself, because I am the creator and master of my universe, and I am responsible for making a positive difference in the world and to the quality of life in it."

yep i've had a similar experience to yours eggbert... hasn't really got anything to do with karma, but it was nice..

last year some time i was connecting the electric brakes adapter to my dad's car and i put my phone on the boot coz i had no pockets... anyway i forgot it was there and jumped in the car and off i went... i got home and i couldnt find it and i was freaking out that i'd left it somewhere... about 20 mins later, i got this call at home from some guy who was walking along the street, and found my mobile. it must have slipped off the car as i was driving along. so i turned up and i offered him $20 (all i had in my wallet), and he refused it... apparently he looked in my phone book and found "Dad" and assumed it was a safe bet to call that number.

so i just think its good that there are still a few people out there who will do the right thing.

a few months ago, i found a new nokia 6220 on the side of the road... i dunno how it got there... and i called the vodafone call centre (it had a voda sim card) and the phone made it back to the rightful owner (as far as i know) ...

there needs to be more righteousness in the world i tells ya!

A long, long time ago when I was still a young pup, my mum lost $2000.

She was fully crying hey?

A few hours later, a lady knocks at the door and returns mum her wallet with the $2000 in there.

My mum gave her $200 and wouldn't stop crying. :P

I too beleive in karma but my story is one of NEGATIVE karma not positive...and how it works in all shapes and forms...

Whilst on a holiday recently with my girlfriend I picked up a rock on the beach and threw it into the sand near some seagulls....hoping to hit the sand and make them fly away.....

Unfortunatley the rock changed trajectory and KO'd one of the seagulls...giving it a REALLY bad headache and making it bleed from its eyes....

We quickly picked it u[p swam across a river and took it to a RSPCA office and told them what happened......we felt a little better for doing so...but i still felt REALLY BAD!!!

now for the karma..

3 Weeks ago a mate from work invited me around to play boccee ........ this is an italian game similar to lawn bowls although you throw the balls you dont roll them....

Now bare in mind that these balls are made of STEEL and are larger than a cricketball and weight 7 POUNDS!!!!!!! thats almost 2 KG

Well after eleventy billion beers my mate and i decided to play a quick game whilst our partners were out getting desert.....

For some reason my mate threw one of the balls at me to catch when i was bent down...as i stood up it connected with me fair in the eye...smashing my glasses...going stright into my eye ,,...... making a mess of my face and alot of blood too..... :(

THATS KARMA!!!!!!!

• 1 month later...

I refuse to believe in Karma coz ive done too many bad things, and I dont want them to come back, so I dont believe in it :)

Something similar happend to me a month ago. I was walking at the federation square in melbourne at night with friends, and i see this fone on the ground. I thought it was a toy fırst, but i decided to pick it up, i opened the cover, and what do i see? it's a real phone. I'm like shiit somebody dropped their fone. My mates like, keep it keep it keep it, im like man its only a Samsung D500. ( i own a Nokia 8800 :P) With the push of friends, i decided to keep it. 2 minutes later, i felt so bad for the owner because i never stole anything in my life but i was pushed by friends and i looked at the call register and called the first person on the list. This girl picked it up, i told them that she or their friend had dropped their fone and i had it. She's like oooww my goodd i thank youu soo much, yourr such a goood person, i didn't realise that it wassss missssing till now. After talking about the situation i decided to meet with them at the place i found the fone and i give it back to the girl and she bought me a bottle of COKEE!!! CAN YOU BELIEVE IT, A BOTTLEEEE OFFF COKEEE!!!! IM SOOO FKNNNN PISSSDDD !!!!

Edited by Buri_Sportivo

why would you be P!ssed if she bought you a coke ???

if i had droppd my fone and if a pretty girl had found it, i would've done much more than just buying a bottle of coke :)

2 things ..

firstly we should be doing this with NO expectation of any returns ....gifts/money whatever ...

and secondly ... maybe she didnt think you were pretty enough .. hence just a coke ... :)

A girl recently backed into my car (My old stationwagon) at the train station, I was in a hurry and on my way to work so I we quickly exchanged details and went on our way, looking at the car closely in the evening the bumper was only slightly mis-aligned (Good old steel bumpers :) ) and I straightened it myself and let her know the next morning that I wouldn't be claiming or anything, she then asked me out for lunch :D

A girl recently backed into my car (My old stationwagon) at the train station, I was in a hurry and on my way to work so I we quickly exchanged details and went on our way, looking at the car closely in the evening the bumper was only slightly mis-aligned (Good old steel bumpers :) ) and I straightened it myself and let her know the next morning that I wouldn't be claiming or anything, she then asked me out for lunch :D

and .... what happened on the lunch !

why would you be P!ssed if she bought you a coke ???

if i had droppd my fone and if a pretty girl had found it, i would've done much more than just buying a bottle of coke :)

2 things ..

firstly we should be doing this with NO expectation of any returns ....gifts/money whatever ...

and secondly ... maybe she didnt think you were pretty enough .. hence just a coke ... :)

i think she had a boyfriend lol. still she could've written her number on the coke label :) hehe oh well, if she did take me out to lunch or dinner, it would've been a real blind date :)