Sportivo no more ...

Romp

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but after the current sportivo is there gonna be another?

By the way, corolla sportivo is still in sale and it will be there till a new corolla hits the production line.

bzzzzzt wrong..

the sportivo has already been removed from the toyota website.. and i think the last shipment has already landed

LOL i just ordered my sportivo 3 days ago and 2.5 months to go. What last shipment? lol

The Sportivo was the first factory performance Corolla available in Australia since the demise of the AE92 GTi which was 13 years ago. I wonder if we will have to wait another 13 years for another performace Corolla, I sure hope not.

By the way, corolla sportivo is still in sale and it will be there till a new corolla hits the production line.

bzzzzzt wrong..

the sportivo has already been removed from the toyota website.. and i think the last shipment has already landed

LOL i just ordered my sportivo 3 days ago and 2.5 months to go. What last shipment? lol

Check the build date when you collect it ... it will either say 2005, or will be illegal to drive, as the Sportivo no longer meets Australian emissions rules, hence why its been taken off the market.

The Sportivo was the first factory performance Corolla available in Australia since the demise of the AE92 GTi which was 13 years ago. I wonder if we will have to wait another 13 years for another performace Corolla, I sure hope not.

I hope not! otherwise im getting a supra!

what happened to the days of toyota performance! supra,starlet turbo and GTIs etc!

bzzzzzt wrong..

Check the build date when you collect it ... it will either say 2005, or will be illegal to drive, as the Sportivo no longer meets Australian emissions rules, hence why its been taken off the market.

thank you, im definately going to do that. Im guessing its going to say 2005. Dont you just hate these gay aussie emission rules!!!

what happened to the days of toyota performance! supra,starlet turbo and GTIs etc!

In Australia, the Supra was too fat and lazy, the Starlet Turbo didn't even show up and the GTi was too short-lived.

I'd like to see the next hypo Corolla as a lighter car, one without all the accessories that the now-departed Sportivo had ... for example, they could leave most of the stereo out, because most people end up upgrading the audio anyway, so those that want it can go get it, those that don't can leave it that way.

I think you'll find it's a temporary thing. Also you'll find they will still produce a sport variant of every model as part of their sales strategy to be the no.1 selling automotive brand world-wide.

At the moment they're concentrating on model consolidation so that they can build up better economies of scales. World-wide, they have too many models at present.

how about a 4wd 2.4lt supercharged AZ series engine :ph34r:

I cant wait for that supercharged camry to come out! the one from the 05 sydney motor show.

Edited by CORZZA

how about a 4wd 2.4lt supercharged AZ series engine :ph34r:

I cant wait for that supercharged camry to come out! the one from the 05 sydney motor show.

We won't see that one now, I don't think, not with the new Camry coming. I think Toyota will be putting their resources into the supercharged Aurion.

But with the rumour that the next Rolla will have an AZ series 2.0, then its possible that the 2.4 s/c (as Motoman has mentioned) will fit just nice! Fingers crossed ... B)

Edited by Buddha

ohwell will be a shame if a new sportivo doesn't come out, i've also noticed in last 6 months since i have gotten one i have noticed alot more on the road

but won't matter to me cos my next car will hopefully be an awd turbo B)

bzzzzzt wrong..

thank you, im definately going to do that. Im guessing its going to say 2005. Dont you just hate these gay aussie emission rules!!!

NO! What's wrong with people, emmission laws are here to protect our environment, our earth, our future and our future generations, where is our existence without clean air, clean water, and a healthy eco-system? Without stricter laws there is no responsibility within big corporations like car manufacturers. ULEV is the standard now, i think Nissan has led the way with sustainable environmental friendly sports motoring by making the 350Z. I am so thinking of getting the new Honda Civic Hybrid :P I am just sick of being held at ransom by OIL!!! while CEO's of oil companies and politicians make record breaking profits :angry:

Edited by ZEEROLLA

bzzzzzt wrong..

NO! What's wrong with people, emmission laws are here to protect our environment, our earth, our future and our future generations, where is our existence without clean air, clean water, and a healthy eco-system? Without stricter laws there is no responsibility within big corporations like car manufacturers. ULEV is the standard now, i think Nissan has led the way with sustainable environmental friendly sports motoring by making the 350Z. I am so thinking of getting the new Honda Civic Hybrid :P I am just sick of being held at ransom by OIL!!! while CEO's of oil companies and politicians make record breaking profits :angry:

Hybrid's are gay, we will never see cars fly, environment and air will never be clean. You would look good in a hybrid ferrari i guess, but wont see that happening either :)

Edited by Buri_Sportivo

I can't fully agree with you there ... yes, we need to look after the environment, I agree, but the latest laws are just a heap of nonsense. New Corolla's now suffer a 7% drop in power, and the Sportivo is no more, because of these laws ... as if the pre-06 Corollas were some sort of ozone destroying monsters!

If we want to do something about it, then we should get the smoky old clangers off the road and encourage those owners into newer cars.

Which do you reckon is more harmful to the environment ... the potential run of 2006 Sportivo's that we might have seen, or the equivalent number of clangers that will stay on the road because the powers that be are too damn lazy to target the problem?

Its amazing that the Lotus with our ZZE engine is compliant to new Australian emission standards, its amazing that our engines and automobiles are Euro III and Euro IV compliant overseas, but not in Australia. mmmmmmmmm...... interesting.....

I'm sure the 2ZZ is finished everwhere not just Australia, correct me I'm wrong.

Its amazing that the Lotus with our ZZE engine is compliant to new Australian emission standards, its amazing that our engines and automobiles are Euro III and Euro IV compliant overseas, but not in Australia. mmmmmmmmm...... interesting.....

I'm sure the 2ZZ is finished everwhere not just Australia, correct me I'm wrong.

I think your right! although SA still have a few selling

Haha can't believe u people.. i thought i would hear more environmentally responsible comments here on this forum.. "Hybrids are gay"? this comment sounds more like a 5 year old's! I hear comments like this and the ones sceptical about emission controls and eco-friendly motoring most of the time so its nothing new to me actually.. to me its more ignorance and selfishness speaking when people make these comments. Well i guess that's why more Australians are getting skin cancers or UV related health problems, that's why there are more devastating natural disasters around the world, that's why the sea temperature is rising higher each year and that's why the polar ice is melting at its quickest rate in a century resulting in the rapid rise of sea levels, killing off more animals and vegetation, many already extinct. Well i can just go on all day but i thought people are more aware of these things and are more responsible, even without all the evidence we should be more responsible citizens of the world. But i guess some of yous think having a powerful car slurping the last drops of premium petrol out of the ground while petrol by-products have been and are still being dumped into our rivers and oceans poisoning life in the water, and pumping many times more CO2 out into the atmosphere than a hybrid car is none of your business and having your powerful car is more important than the future of mother earth.

I love the 2zz and high performance cars, but not at the expense of something we have been taking for granted, not something that supports all life on our planet. I think car manufacturers are getting the point because they are the largest producers and culprits of global warming. So it was good to see Nissan come out with the 350Z a few years back, and hybrid technology making inroads. Its their commitment to reduce emmissions and being more responsible.

Edited by ZEEROLLA