Long distance drive on new Sportivo

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

should easily reach 200km/h

i managed that in a 1400 barina

Oh, excellent ... we've been wanting to push a Barina over a cliff for a while, we can sleep a bit better knowing its been done now. ;)

1) engines are not cheap, im looking at around 7-8K to replace mine.

2) a sportivo will do 235+. been there done that.

235km/h!!! Niceee, did you do the max speed run after the mods or before??? Speaking of max speed i remember hitting 225 on my mums 2005 sportivo v6. The car wanted more, can u believe it? Was a good run for an auto.

Just curious ON Legal roads in the outback of course :) has anyoen cracked over 200kph in the 1zz-fe??

In the proper environment, I have clocked over 200 on my 1zz...it was a flat stretch, didnt take too long, got to i think between 205-210 before i backed off, still had about another 600 rpm left or so, but i would say getting past 220 would be quite the challenge...

1) engines are not cheap, im looking at around 7-8K to replace mine.

2) a sportivo will do 235+. been there done that.

235km/h!!! Niceee, did you do the max speed run after the mods or before??? Speaking of max speed i remember hitting 225 on my mums 2005 sportivo v6. The car wanted more, can u believe it? Was a good run for an auto.

V6 will always give more!

While im waiting on the sportivo, i think we should do a cruise later on. One in sydney and one in melbourne. It would be great i think. Melbourne guys can stretch the sportivos legs towards sydney and sydney guys can do the same towards here. Cruise + Road Trip. I think it will be mad. A chance to get to know each and every one of you individualy. 1 Weekend is good for it. Anyone up for it? Im up for it in 2 months :) because that's when i will have the sportivo:)

While im waiting on the sportivo, i think we should do a cruise later on. One in sydney and one in melbourne. It would be great i think. Melbourne guys can stretch the sportivos legs towards sydney and sydney guys can do the same towards here. Cruise + Road Trip. I think it will be mad. A chance to get to know each and every one of you individualy. 1 Weekend is good for it. Anyone up for it? Im up for it in 2 months :) because that's when i will have the sportivo:)

Thats a fair bit of driving for a weekend!

Thats a fair bit of driving for a weekend!

man its a perfect road trip. Only 9-10 hours away. It's nothing for a road trip. Later on, im going join gumball 3000, 3000 miles that is. :) Now that's a fair bit. And this is only couple of kilometeres away :P

I'd say the sportivo wont have enough torque in the top end to push through to 235 in a decent amount of time, not without a LONG straight road or LONG downhill section :P

a stock MY01 WRX struggles to accelerate after 215km/h due to the wind resistance at that speed. And it has much more power/torque than a sportivo

I agree... as soon as you change into sixth at 200-210kmh it settles a bit. but i reckon 220-225km wouldnt be that far down the road.

The rolla's aerodynamics are really good at speed and i reckon the rexies wings would slow it down at top end.

Just curious ON Legal roads in the outback of course :) has anyoen cracked over 200kph in the 1zz-fe??

Yeah, did a trip from Ayers Rock (Yulara) to Alice Springs & back & hit a little over 200kph on the long straight just after the roadhouse, mind you that was with three people and a/c on.

In 5th gear each 1,000rpm = 30kph so 3,000rpm = 100kph, 4,000rpm=130kph & so on, making the top speed a little over 200 before hitting the limiter...

With an average cruising speed of ~ 140-160kph the long distances flew by B)

Top speed on the flat (not downhill) is definatley a 5th gear job, I squeezed 218 out of mine on the flat, on a slightly less than perfect road, and the rolla was rock solid, 6th was good for about 10 seconds, then just ran out of puff. I was flat to the floor for 3 minutes, saw the fuel gauge drop almost one whole point :o

The tivo is geared for 250kph, if you can get the torque to pull 6th gear-blower anyone?, or a nice downhill run :D

Yeah, did a trip from Ayers Rock (Yulara) to Alice Springs & back & hit a little over 200kph on the long straight just after the roadhouse, mind you that was with three people and a/c on.

In 5th gear each 1,000rpm = 30kph so 3,000rpm = 100kph, 4,000rpm=130kph & so on, making the top speed a little over 200 before hitting the limiter...

With an average cruising speed of ~ 140-160kph the long distances flew by B)

You drove all the way out there?! How was the roads there?

Was this in the 40 deg heat too?

Nah we flew out to Ayers Rock & hired a car from there. The roads are really quite good but you have to look out for the roadtrains which are up to 3 trailers each! They're pretty hard to get past when you're both travelling well in excess of 100.

However if you want to leave the highway there's not much but dirt roads, I wanted to do a bit of travelling but I think next time i'll hire a 4wd.

It was also a little later in the year (around April) so the temperatures weren't so bad, around 25-35 during the day...

Edited by Conquest

Nah we flew out to Ayers Rock & hired a car from there.

It was also a little later in the year (around April) so the temperatures weren't so bad, around 25-35 during the day...

Oh ok shweet! would love to drive out there with the temps below 20! unlikely though!

i hope u guys realise that the stock speedo's are very innacurate when it comes to the speeds you are talking about.

sportivo rally car flat out along the highway (in NT of course :P ) needle was way off the edge of the speedo, and the expensive terratrip rally computer only clocked the car at just over 215km/h.

have done then same thing in an evo 3 lancer, speedo way out at 200km +

just thought i'd let u know

i hope u guys realise that the stock speedo's are very innacurate when it comes to the speeds you are talking about.

sportivo rally car flat out along the highway (in NT of course :P ) needle was way off the edge of the speedo, and the expensive terratrip rally computer only clocked the car at just over 215km/h.

have done then same thing in an evo 3 lancer, speedo way out at 200km +

just thought i'd let u know

I agree... as soon as you change into sixth at 200-210kmh it settles a bit. but i reckon 220-225km wouldnt be that far down the road.

The rolla's aerodynamics are really good at speed and i reckon the rexies wings would slow it down at top end.

i agree, i say sportivo has better aerodynamics as a standart car at top speed than a wrx. Someone said that sportivo is geared to 250 max in 6th but not enough torque to pull it. Is that true???