Aurion Sportivo Concept

Buri_Sportivo

you are putting alot of faith in toyota to deliver a car that they just wont be able to make, as well its toyota and they suck at most things sporty

I think thats a fair call, if you refer to Toyota Australia that is. If you mean toyota worldwide, then you have been playing too much GT4 :). You gotta remember that Toyota Australia will also want to look after itself hence it is killing alot of the sporty stuff available in other countries.

I think sportivo aurion will give a new start for toyota to prove themselves that they can build a fast sedan that suits australian's. As for the name, Sportivo does sound like "sporti" or "sporty" but when the aurion sportivo comes out, you can't really call that just sporty as it will have +250kw's under the hood. I would like to see the sportivo name changed to sport as it will be way more persuasive and direct. Im guessing that the sportivo aurion s/c would be awd as well as the body structure really looks like it suits an awd system perfectly. AWD + s/c 3.5 v6, then we got some real performance figures. Im feeling like i did a right move by cancelling corolla sportivo order and waiting to order the s/c sportivo aurion.

It *looks like* it suits AWD perfectly? What sort of poor foundation is that for your conclusions that it is sure to be AWD? As much as i am sure your old man has been with Toyota for eons, i still think it is a little naive to cancel your Stivo order (probably one of the few left in Aus) to wait 6-12 months for a car that may or may not be FWD (would be a tragity if it is, although i wouldnt be suprised) and could more than likely cost double the price of a Sportivo. Also, did you not say in a previous thread that you are only 18? Would a supercharged vehicle not be illegal for you to drive?

I think you are basing your conclusions on somewhat insubstantial information, the only REAL evidence you have is Toyota's word that it will rival the XR6 Turbo as Australia's choice performance vehicle and as Northy said, judging by Toyota's performance vehicle track record, they have quite the challenge ahead...

When i said "it looks like", i meant that the car is also suitable with awd system as the designers also said the same thing and they said that its possible to bring it out with a awd system. Have you heard these news about the sportivo aurion? If no, why brag about a comment that i make? If you were a designer and decided to put a supercharged v6 under the hood and push over 250kw's, would you put it in a front wheeled car? Yes, the normal aurion is going to be front wheel drive like the rest of the cars of toyota but, sportivo is going to be different because of the power band. And yes i am aware that the sportivo aurion will cost twice the price of a sportivo. Like i said before, if you read closely to my comments you will see that, i said that the basic aurion is going to start from 35,000 dollars est. (more than a sportivo corolla) and sportivo would probably push 50g's or even more. I don't care if im underage for a supercharged vehicle. I was infact buying a 97 Skyline GTR instead of giving order for the sportivo corolla, but i decided to let it go when i saw the odometer of the car. There's lots of p platers with 5.7L monaro's. And i still see them on the road. As long as u dont do anything stupid and not get attention, it's ok. Speaking of the performance of it and rivals, 250kw+ 3.5L supercharged v6 with 6 speed manual, awd system and some more less weight compared to the other australian performance car rivals, sounds like that it will already be ahead of the cars like xr6 turbo and commodore ss. We will wait and see.

I am willing to bet my left testicle on the fact that the Aurion Sportivo will not be anything but FWD. Firstly, the Aurion is sold in Oz and no where else. Secondly, it will only be a niche model. Just to recover the costs of engineering a whole new driveline for a low volume car would put the cost of the car over $100,000 each.

I would expect an LSD on the Sportivo model and some really good suspension tuning, but that is it.

Getting power to the rear wheels would mean the following.... re-engineering the chassis to allow for a driveshaft, turning the engine 90 deg to make it north, south. Re-engineering the chassis to re-position the gearbox... etc, etc. Do you really think Toyota are going to invest hundreds of millions of dollars for a low production sportivo model... dont think so!

The supercharged camry conecpt they did last year was a test mule for the Aurion Sportivo and that was only ever FWD. 250kw should be ok with FWD as long as it has an LSD, 6 speed, good suspension tune and good weight distribution to cut out as much understeer as possible. Still.... anything 250kw is going to be a great drive.

When i said "it looks like", i meant that the car is also suitable with awd system as the designers also said the same thing and they said that its possible to bring it out with a awd system. Have you heard these news about the sportivo aurion? If no, why brag about a comment that i make? If you were a designer and decided to put a supercharged v6 under the hood and push over 250kw's, would you put it in a front wheeled car? Yes, the normal aurion is going to be front wheel drive like the rest of the cars of toyota but, sportivo is going to be different because of the power band. And yes i am aware that the sportivo aurion will cost twice the price of a sportivo. Like i said before, if you read closely to my comments you will see that, i said that the basic aurion is going to start from 35,000 dollars est. (more than a sportivo corolla) and sportivo would probably push 50g's or even more. I don't care if im underage for a supercharged vehicle. I was infact buying a 97 Skyline GTR instead of giving order for the sportivo corolla, but i decided to let it go when i saw the odometer of the car. There's lots of p platers with 5.7L monaro's. And i still see them on the road. As long as u dont do anything stupid and not get attention, it's ok. Speaking of the performance of it and rivals, 250kw+ 3.5L supercharged v6 with 6 speed manual, awd system and some more less weight compared to the other australian performance car rivals, sounds like that it will already be ahead of the cars like xr6 turbo and commodore ss. We will wait and see.

Well lets see...firstly, i was the first to reveal the name of the Aurion in a week old thread, at which time, i already knew what you learned 5 minutes ago. Also, throughout my previous post i was referring exclusively to the Aurion Sportivo, not the baseline Aurion, that is not the vehicle in question.

There is no way of knowing whether toyota Australia will opt for a different wheel drive just because the Sportivo is pushing more power, as previous posts have told, so long as it suits costs Toyota won't really care if it will not get the power down.

Cops must also be pretty soft down in Victoria, because you get raped in my neck of the woods if you are a P plater with an F/I vehicle. Also, what is the point of having a performance vehicle if you cant give it some stick on a regular basis? All i can say is that you are making some pretty confident assumptions...

Lucky for you that it is probably Daddy paying for it...

Cops are okay in victoria. By the way ofcourse, im going to hammer it in a regular basis but you just can't speed anywhere you want can you? Im not saying s/c aurion sportivo is definately going to be awd. All im saying is that there is possibilities of them doing it. Ofcourse its going to cost more than making it a rwd or fwd but, they are speaking of impressing australian's and be competitive at same time. Father's do help their kids with payments, unless your dad doesnt lol. ;)

Edited by Buri_Sportivo

you are putting alot of faith in toyota to deliver a car that they just wont be able to make, as well its toyota and they suck at most things sporty

I think thats a fair call, if you refer to Toyota Australia that is. If you mean toyota worldwide, then you have been playing too much GT4 :). You gotta remember that Toyota Australia will also want to look after itself hence it is killing alot of the sporty stuff available in other countries.

I think sportivo aurion will give a new start for toyota to prove themselves that they can build a fast sedan that suits australian's. As for the name, Sportivo does sound like "sporti" or "sporty" but when the aurion sportivo comes out, you can't really call that just sporty as it will have +250kw's under the hood. I would like to see the sportivo name changed to sport as it will be way more persuasive and direct. Im guessing that the sportivo aurion s/c would be awd as well as the body structure really looks like it suits an awd system perfectly. AWD + s/c 3.5 v6, then we got some real performance figures. Im feeling like i did a right move by cancelling corolla sportivo order and waiting to order the s/c sportivo aurion.

It *looks like* it suits AWD perfectly? What sort of poor foundation is that for your conclusions that it is sure to be AWD? As much as i am sure your old man has been with Toyota for eons, i still think it is a little naive to cancel your Stivo order (probably one of the few left in Aus) to wait 6-12 months for a car that may or may not be FWD (would be a tragity if it is, although i wouldnt be suprised) and could more than likely cost double the price of a Sportivo. Also, did you not say in a previous thread that you are only 18? Would a supercharged vehicle not be illegal for you to drive?

I think you are basing your conclusions on somewhat insubstantial information, the only REAL evidence you have is Toyota's word that it will rival the XR6 Turbo as Australia's choice performance vehicle and as Northy said, judging by Toyota's performance vehicle track record, they have quite the challenge ahead...

I am willing to bet my left testicle on the fact that the Aurion Sportivo will not be anything but FWD. Firstly, the Aurion is sold in Oz and no where else. Secondly, it will only be a niche model. Just to recover the costs of engineering a whole new driveline for a low volume car would put the cost of the car over $100,000 each.

I would expect an LSD on the Sportivo model and some really good suspension tuning, but that is it.

Getting power to the rear wheels would mean the following.... re-engineering the chassis to allow for a driveshaft, turning the engine 90 deg to make it north, south. Re-engineering the chassis to re-position the gearbox... etc, etc. Do you really think Toyota are going to invest hundreds of millions of dollars for a low production sportivo model... dont think so!

The supercharged camry conecpt they did last year was a test mule for the Aurion Sportivo and that was only ever FWD. 250kw should be ok with FWD as long as it has an LSD, 6 speed, good suspension tune and good weight distribution to cut out as much understeer as possible. Still.... anything 250kw is going to be a great drive.

Did you know there is going to be 2 different sportivo models. One is just going to be like you said, suspension tuning, etc. And there is going to be a performance model sportivo. Concept is a concept. It doesn't mean they wont do it because it costs more. The sportivo concept last year for the camry was based on the same engine that camry v6 is using right now and it was only 185kw's. Exactly it's fwd because i don't think they are going to bother about switching from fwd to awd just for 40 more kw's. In a couple of month's they will reveal the real pictures of the aurion sportivo and the supercharged model and if the s/c model is awd or rwd, you better give up your left testicle. And i will make you remember that.

• 1 month later...

I don't entirely agree there ... Toyota have already mentioned on a few occasions that they could manufacture the Kluger here in Australia if the numbers added up ... that means that they have the capacity to build an AWD vehicle here.

Although the Camry/Aurion are a new vehicle, you can bet your bottom dollar that there is some carry-over from the current model, which shares its platform with the Kluger.

I'm not saying it would be cheap, but there's nothing stopping Toyota doing a supercharged AWD Aurion for say, the price of a Commodore SS or Falcon XR8 ... Mitsubishi adapted AWD to the Magna and had it on the market for under $40G, Toyota would have less work to do, so $50G should be a doddle.

I could be wrong, but if Toyota do make the supercharged car as a FWD, regardless of the do-dads, it won't sell.

I don't entirely agree there ... Toyota have already mentioned on a few occasions that they could manufacture the Kluger here in Australia if the numbers added up ... that means that they have the capacity to build an AWD vehicle here.

Although the Camry/Aurion are a new vehicle, you can bet your bottom dollar that there is some carry-over from the current model, which shares its platform with the Kluger.

I'm not saying it would be cheap, but there's nothing stopping Toyota doing a supercharged AWD Aurion for say, the price of a Commodore SS or Falcon XR8 ... Mitsubishi adapted AWD to the Magna and had it on the market for under $40G, Toyota would have less work to do, so $50G should be a doddle.

I could be wrong, but if Toyota do make the supercharged car as a FWD, regardless of the do-dads, it won't sell.

I totally agree. I saw the new animated video clip of the aurion s/c and it looks stunning. I love the back lights. When they say it will be awd, no doubt, i will get it. Otherwise i would get something else.