My first car; a 2005 Corolla Sportivo!

Looking at the Injen intake atm, with uni on now it'd be hard for me to find the time as i work weekends aswell :(

Edited by Chain

I've been looking around but am having trouble finding an australian source, anyone know where i should look for the injen intake?

If you going to fab your own, if you copy the TRD design it runs parallel to the width of the battery also to note the maf is placed in the middle. 

Because the tube goes parallel, the TRD desugn uses a 45 degree couple which I've heard can be hard to source.

injen and the rest design sweeps away from the battery in an upside down V Path. Then used a straight coupler than 45 deg. To join with the throttle body bl 

image.jpg

image.jpg

17 hours ago, fupo1 said:

If you going to fab your own, if you copy the TRD design it runs parallel to the width of the battery also to note the maf is placed in the middle. 

Because the tube goes parallel, the TRD desugn uses a 45 degree couple which I've heard can be hard to source.

injen and the rest design sweeps away from the battery in an upside down V Path. Then used a straight coupler than 45 deg. To join with the throttle body bl 

Cheers bro! Ill defiantly look into it man
It's actually looking like it would be cheaper to order my intake from america, even with the bad exchange rates atm
Averaging about 500$ per intake system from aus, where as american sites are asking like 370 without postage

Edited by Chain

I paid roughly just over $300 for mine with a bad exchange rate. Seems to be the best option IMO.

Intake came within a week too!

Edited by Squalled

Ill shop around for the Injen one, love the piping on it and it looks great.
Wish people still sold them on ebay, if you do happen to find one man please refer me to it :)

it should fit with some trimming/bending of the sheet metal where the bend is that puts the pod in the guard in the facelift.  There's less space there compared to a non-facelift.

5 minutes ago, CHA54 said:

it should fit with some trimming/bending of the sheet metal where the bend is that puts the pod in the guard in the facelift.  There's less space there compared to a non-facelift.

Are there any decent intakes that fit without much needing to be done to the car? 

Search for the Injen part number - RB2082. This is the two piece I used on my face lift.

I had to get a smaller pod due to the Injen one been to big to fit.

The RD2075 will fit a pre face lift a lot better.

4 hours ago, Squalled said:

Search for the Injen part number - RB2082. This is the two piece I used on my face lift.

I had to get a smaller pod due to the Injen one been to big to fit.

The RD2075 will fit a pre face lift a lot better.

Found it on ebay, its even cheaper than the preface lift intake, that's mad!  Thanks man
Yeah i'll pick up a K and N filter from supercheap after or something :)

So today i went out and picked up a fantastic audio system for only 400 bucks, including two amps, a set of speakers and tweeters, a 12 inch Kenwood sub and some new fuses 
Also got a sportivo cabin filter as amazingly, this all came out of a Corolla sportivo aswell! :)
what are the odds? 

12903486_1167888809897444_156691735_o.jpg

There was a Kenwood headunit in it already, only dissapointed with it in that it doesn't have bluetooth which is quite strange considering it is a decent one.

It's all installed, will update with some photo's tommorow morning of the sub and such. 
I've noticed that my gearbox is crunching in 3rd with is really frustrating as it wasn't doing it as much as it is now. It doesn't do it at low rpm's, but i hit lift for the first time today and was genuinely worried about shifting to 3rd. I've read that the syncro's could be the issue and a repair could fix it, just i hoped so bad it wouldn't happen to mine.
Damn.

First thing I'd do is change the gearbox fluid and add Nulon G70 additive. That may stop it for a bit but generally the only real to stop it completely is get the box re-conditioned or buy a second gearbox.

Going to head into repco and get some gearbox fluid and engine oil aswell, it's pretty low so might as well.

Also im pretty sure the gearbox isn't actually the issue, it sounds as if the metal gearshaft is rubbing against something as i put it into third. Any ideas on what it might be? I might take the console off while i drive around a bit to see if i'm right as they gears honestly have no issues other than that.

Could be the shifter cables making the noise.

But as you said, take off the center console and just listen out. Sometimes the dash makes a bit of noise too, especially above 4000 rpm.

Had my taillights tinted today, the old tint i did myself was bin so i just had someone do it properly and they did a fantastic job. Pretty happy with it, its not as dark as before and i like the red hue it gives in sunlight still :)

12922290_1176917902327868_1630946413_o.jpg

12946896_1176917868994538_240160657_o.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, AsankaK said:

Hey buddy!
Join the WA Sportivo Forum!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/927817500573916/

(I'm not in it but many enthusiastic WA Sportivo Owners waiting on you :) )

I just applied for it now, i found it earlier but i assumed it was just a close group of friends so yeah :))
Thank you man! :)