Tapping in neons

Brad!

Hi new member to this great forum. Been reading up, but never posted.

I have just bought a set of neons, sound sensitve for the cabbin, and need some help from some fellow corolla owners. I have a 2005 conquest, and ever thing is pretty stock standard. But here is the dilema

I first had the lights connected via the ciggy plug suplied, just plugged into to the ciggy lighter. This was fine, but wanted a neater job, so pulled the center out, spliced the wired that lead of the ciggy lighter, tapped in, taped it up, works fine. Only problem is that ciggy lighter strength has decreased immensly. The lights are bright, briliant, but would like the use of both, too the best potential. My question to you is, where is the easiest place to tap in, other then the ciggy lighter. Secondly, i am going to purchase another 2 lights 12", and was wondering if, the box suplied with the original neons (Sound Sensitve, On, Music, Off) would be able to handle the increased power of another 2 neons. Hope this makes sence. Basically, best, easiest, and closest wire to tap into, and weather this cheap box could handle the extra power of the two neons.... Any help greatly apreiciated

hey mate,

i have some cabin neons, not sound sensitive (that would be awesome though)... i have an aftermarket stereo installed so i just spliced into the constant 12V power to my head unit. I was worried it would draw too much power, but it has seemed to work well and everything else is still as powerful as ever...

neither of them work now, because i think one wire came undone, and the other was snapped when my mate kicked it... so i got new ones and have to wire them up sometime... hopefully one isnt busted and i'll have three... one for the boot :)

Well i have stock HU so not to conf of tappin into that, just want something that is easibly acsessed. But this box, i dont know much about it. What do u guys think. If i hooked up lights to the sound sensitive box, would the normal neons react. thanks

why dont u just run the neons of the battery, remembering to fuse them, and then attach them to an on/off switch, which u could hide in that silly compartment thing to the right of the steering wheel?

yer i could do that, but would just prefer an easy wire to tap into, quicker, easier. But if not maby the battery is the best option. With the question about the box, i just thought maby if i wired the new neons to that box, then they too would be sound sensitive, would anybody be able to confirm that? thanks

as long as you tapped into them after the circuit in the box, then that should work... that box would take the audio signal and convert it into electrical pulses...

i dont know much about neon lights, maybe the new ones arent made to handle constant changing power source?

Yer i thought that just tapping the new neon into the lights that run off the box would work, but wasnt sure if the box would be able to handle the power. No instructions with this set so dont know too much about it, but just have to try. So besides HU what other wires are sutible to tap into withouyt to much hassle, thanks for the hope so far