How to get rid of dust in crevices?

Hieu Phung

Hi all,

My car now has a lot of visible dust in those tiny spaces around the the switchgear, knobs, buttons etc. I had a small paint brush lying around and that didn't really do the job. Does anybody have any other suggestions or do I need a better/specific kind of brush.

Thank you in advance.

i would use a woman's make up brush the kind they use to lay that foundation powder stuff on their faces in combination with vacuum cleaner, seems too work on my Aurion for those hard to clean areas around switches etc as it has softer bristles on them

KAA

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ok I'm a Detailer with over forty years experience. Use a Compressor with a soft - medium tooth brush. Try it dry, that is without chemicals. If your happy with the finish then that's awesome but if you want to tart it up a bit more spray the area with Armoral or your favorite Plastics finisher. Wear Googles protective glass's etc. You'll need a clean microfibre. Now after you have sprayed some Armoral or the like around agitate lightly with your brush spread it with compressed air and wipe / blow until dry. You will have an amazing finish and it won't be overly glossy. Don't spray on the Dash Board top. That creates glare. Also you will probably need to clean your windows as the Armoral tends to get everywhere. Not totally satisfied? Do it again. Most beginners to this technique take a few goes to achieve the results they are looking for. Done? Now grab your Vacuum and clean up all the crude that just came out from under and beside the Seats.......