Melbourne Sportivo Meets

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I might come along if I am free, but even if I can't I can still offer some advice on the roads down there as I used to live in Geelong and was in Apollo Bay recently.

If you want to do the Great Ocean Road, don't do it all. The bit from Lorne down to Apollo Bay is nice and you can get a couple of great bits of forest/mountain driving in aswell. Look at map 527 in the back of the melways. There is a great loop of road you can do.

Go from Geelong out towards Colac on the Princes Hwy. Lots of options here through towns like Moriac and Modewarre, but lets stay on the main road until Winchelsea. Chuck a left towards Bambra, Deans Marsh and into the top of Lorne. Lots of tight corners on forested hills through here. Go along the Great Ocean Rd from Lorne to Apollo Bay. Lots of nice driving on the coast. You can go to the town, or just short of it you turn right back towards Colac. Road goes forest again to a town called, you guessed it, Forrest. Up via Birregurra to the Colac-Geelong bit of the Princes Hwy. Go back to Winchelsea and just out of town take a turn north to an old mansion called Barwon Park (it is on tourist maps). Great photo op with this bluestone house with a white cast iron balcony out front. Quick blast back to Geelong (road not well policed) before a quiet cruise to Melbourne.

My 2 cents worth!

Hey fellas, sorry i couldnt make it out to dinner tonight.. (friday night).

It was my last day at my currect job and they got me p1s3d after work and i coulnt drive...

Anyway see you boys AUG 1.

Ciao....

HeY gUys,

How long r u's planning to stay at the city b4 u's go for ur cruize..??? The thing is i got work in da afternoon abt 5 but wud like to meet most of u's b4 u's go cruizing to ballarat or werever...Maybe u's can go to a coffee place or someplace in da city b4 u's go cruzing n take pictures n all, wel thts jst a suggestion...hope to see u's all der..

Any plans on what the exact route is?

Actually it's easier to meet nearer to the west cos it's on the way to Geelong. But I guess what's been planned is fine as well. Remember the car park where we had our first meet? That's a pretty good place to gather everyone. It's pretty easy to find as well.

sorry i think i will now just come for the meet up and not whore on the car cruise. look forward to seeing you all on sunday! 10:30 early!

also not coming is toms02, cougs, itrunx.

Guys, call me about 80% certain that I can make the meet, but 0% for the long drive. Got some work I gotta do! Would you guys be interested in me photocopying the Melways and marking those roads I suggested?

Excellent idea bro! Thanks, that'll be really useful.