Tool Topic

Tony Prodigy

A great suggestion Tony..I am sure it would help a lot find the perfect tool for the job..Plus I love gadgets so would feed that part of me that loves to see something that i go oooohh that is neat must get that

KAA

• Like 1

14 hours ago, KAA said:

that part of me that loves to see something that i go oooohh that is neat must get that

Exactly ! I'm very much the same. I can't help myself sometimes. I've lost count how many items I have purchased based off other people's recommendations. 

• Like 2

I have purchased a few items based up YouTube videos and seeing people using and recommending a certain tool. Just reminded me that I am waiting for the last purchase to arrive.

Latest item that I noticed was a digital torque wrench adaptor. Unfortunately, they are not a $20 item, so I have not bought one. I already have a couple of rarely used 1/2'" torque wrenches.  

• Like 1

I agree that the digital torque wrench adapters are not cheap and you don't want a cheap one either.

I am more than happy to stick with the old fashioned type. Just calibrate it occasionally and it's good for a lifetime I reckon.

We're not engine builders and so the need for a top end tool isn't warranted.

• Like 1

Until there is a separate Tool section, I want to mention this particular item. It is my regular go to work light and is so handy for in those tight spaces when you want that extra bit of light at an angle to eliminate or minimise any shadow. Recently used it when undoing that transmission pan bolt .

The other thing is that it was recommended to me by my son. Glad that I listened and bought 1. 

https://www.supercheapauto.com.au/p/toolpro-toolpro-led-pen-cob-worklight/526279.html?cgid=SCA0105070202#start=1

There you go again feeding the "OHH I need that" part of me..Thanks Ash i will now add that to shopping list for next trip to shops

Keep Safe

Kaa

I'm starting to like the Tool Pro range and yes Robert, I too had that "OH I Need That" moment too lol !! Looks like a very handy pocket light. I still have my trusty Batman light I bought from Bunnings many years ago. It still charges well and lasts for a long time between jobs. Remember the batman lights anyone ?

I've tried to buy another but I don't think they make them anymore. If they are available I would get another that's for sure.

9 hours ago, campbeam said:

Just reminded me that I am waiting for the last purchase to arrive.

Checked the tracking and it said arrived Sydney Airport 29th March. It should arrive this week. 

I paid a total of $21. In the meantime, the Seller has increased the price.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/11Pcs-Damaged-Nut-Lock-Remover-Twist-Socket-Set-Screw-Extractor-Tool-16-27mm/163841096946?hash=item2625b0bcf2:g:FCUAAOSwD1FdrmVO

Just a set for emergency use, you hope that you will not need to use for yourself, like a fire extinguisher

Just now, campbeam said:

Yes and it only costs you some pocket change. I am sure that they come on special for $5.

I'm definitely adding one of those to my cart on my next purchase. Thanks Ash :thumbsup:

9 minutes ago, Tony Prodigy said:

I think it's still salvageable seeing it only has to do 25 Nm not 2500 Nm :laugh:

Remember this ??

Oh yes, I also remember the other ones going into the bin. This one does look salvageable. I thought that Kincrome were going to place it

Just now, campbeam said:

I thought that Kincrome were going to place it

I never bothered to return as it was my fault the filter housing was on too tight as I discovered.

I'll wear it as a reminder of my stupidity..

The OMIK tool is a nice reminder. Maybe it goes to the emergency tool section of the tool chest.

Your misfortune spurred me on to buy this tool. It is still in transit and not yet in Aust.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Oil-Filter-Wrench-Removal-Socket-Hand-Tool-for-Toyota-Lexus-Scion/183772075837?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I paid just under $11 on 07.04.2020. In the meantime, this Seller has also increased the price. Interesting. Maybe they had a cashflow crisis and needed quick sales.

I remember you mentioning that tool actually. This guy has them for $12.06 each

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Steel-Special-Oil-Filter-Wrench-Removal-Tool-Large-Size-For-Toyota-Lexus-Scion/302423459683?_trkparms=aid%3D1110001%26algo%3DSPLICE.SIM%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20131231084308%26meid%3Dc716de23c50a4d31a00da36ad256ffdf%26pid%3D100010%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D12%26sd%3D183772075837%26itm%3D302423459683%26pmt%3D1%26noa%3D1%26pg%3D2047675&_trksid=p2047675.c100010.m2109

I'm still waiting on several small items from China too that seem to be taking forever. Due to limited planes flying I think we're all in for a bumpy ride for a while. I am still waiting for 3 LP records I purchased from the U.K over 4 weeks ago ! They usually arrive within two weeks or less.