Sim Racing Scrub

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 5/10/2020 at 9:18 PM, Lolsia said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEDaHSjsEF0
I really like using Assetto Corsa as a sim that allows me to experience even a little bit of what it feels like to drive cars that sufferes from the drift tax

What's your setup? I use my trusty G27 I've had for honestly about 8 years or so now. I played Assetto Corsa at friends place last year and got hooked after hearing so many good things about it. I got it March this year and haven't looked back. Got a heap of modded tracks in mostly Aussie ones like no longer existent Oran Park, Sydney Motorsport Park, Lakeside Raceway and a heap more. A modder I follow has also released Group A touring cars which I've always loved so I mostly steer those around.

On 12/24/2020 at 7:33 AM, Squalled said:

What's your setup? I use my trusty G27 I've had for honestly about 8 years or so now. I played Assetto Corsa at friends place last year and got hooked after hearing so many good things about it. I got it March this year and haven't looked back. Got a heap of modded tracks in mostly Aussie ones like no longer existent Oran Park, Sydney Motorsport Park, Lakeside Raceway and a heap more. A modder I follow has also released Group A touring cars which I've always loved so I mostly steer those around.

I've got a G27 too, it's a solid wheel but I'm starting to look at upgrading as the centre dead-zone in the FFB is really starting to drive me nuts.  It's a symptom of the gear-drive that really can't be avoided unless you fork out for an upper-tier Thrustmaster or Fanatec wheel (with belt-drive).

Currently set up in an Obutto R3volution sim rig which is also acting as my work-from-home setup (I must admit being able to switch between my sim-rig and my work laptop simply by changing inputs on my monitor and mouse/keyboard is _not_ conducive for work performance...)

3 hours ago, Hiro said:

I've got a G27 too, it's a solid wheel but I'm starting to look at upgrading as the centre dead-zone in the FFB is really starting to drive me nuts.  It's a symptom of the gear-drive that really can't be avoided unless you fork out for an upper-tier Thrustmaster or Fanatec wheel (with belt-drive).

Currently set up in an Obutto R3volution sim rig which is also acting as my work-from-home setup (I must admit being able to switch between my sim-rig and my work laptop simply by changing inputs on my monitor and mouse/keyboard is _not_ conducive for work performance...)

Ah nice Ian. I found a setup on Steam that helped remove some of the dead-zone when playing Assetto Corsa and it was honestly a game changing. Some of my PBs went down by more than a quarter of a second or more, which doesn't sound like much but with such a minimal change driving flat stick I thought it was a good addition. I was tempted to get a Fanatec wheel when I was looking but ended up with the G27 in terms of overall value I feel you can't beat it.

Sadly I'm just mounted to a desk with a "gaming chair" which I've always thought is good enough for my use anyway.