Everyone needs another oh what a feeling!

JDM101

Hi guys, 

I wasn't actually sure how alive the forums are given FB groups, Discord, Whatsapp, Bloods vs Crips, COVID19 and so forth but nice to see there is still some action around here. 

I've recently got back into another Corolla, just can't seem to shake them off man - 10th Corolla since 2006. 

• 96' AE102 sedan
  • 91' AE101 20v
  • 91' AE101 4AGZE
  • 90' AE90 sedan
  • 92' AE92 GTi hatch
  • 92' AE92 hatch
  • 93' AE92 hatch 
  • 96' AE102rv  hatch
  • 05 Corolla Levin ZRE
  • 96' AE102rv hatch
  • 02' Corolla Levin

So potentially not in the right forum and might need to get some help? lol - not to drag on but I just find myself enjoying the car that much more and I've had 1js, 2js but I keep coming back to the nugget chassis and I'm convinced outright power is not at all directly proportional to the fun that can be had, all in the chassis, the actual power you can use and chucking it around xD. 

Doesn't help these days when a few clicks on Marketplace, Gumtree and bam you find something, I kept missing out I felt.. Wasn't fussed on the Sportivos (no offense), they seem to be fairly run down examples, but the Levins, mmmhmm gimme that Japanese goodness (thanks COVID for ruining my recently planned Tokyo trip..)

This popped up on FB Marketplace, messaged within 10 mins of seeing the ad live, organised to meet up that evening, I wasn't too fussy if I'm honest, I needed something to scratch the itch, 292k kms, servicing history until 209k and then intermittent, but it's still going, just needs TLC. Sold/10 ++ 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Part of the reason I always come back is a good support network which I've always seemed to only find within Toyota owners - so wasn't long before I had a good mate offer assistance with a couple of things:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

'yes it's maintained' 

spacer.png

New set of plugs, engine oil flush and fresh new oil in it, no more tabla like idle and sounds much more better, pulls just fine - are we done? no sir. 

spacer.png

Removed crusty valve cover to get redone, no sludge is good but a few engine flushes and oil changes necessary. 

spacer.png

As it sits waiting for bits

spacer.png

Anywhere I can stick a vacuum into the car, wiper cowling section getting repainted, wiper arms powder coated and new wipers enroute.

spacer.png

This ****, ****s me off

spacer.png

betterer and done all round.

spacer.png

Tidy up in the back too

spacer.png

Gotta collect it from another good mate:

spacer.png

You don't come to my place with your Corolla and not get SOME form of clean up done 😛

spacer.png

spacer.png

This was my last AE102, sold to a good mate, love it still. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

so a couple of things on their way.

- Whiteline control arms set, Whiteline strutbrace, the speedometer plastic cover or lens as per the Toyodiy diagram (don't nobody got time for scratched up ****..), a few gaskets from UAE - I was considering coil overs, but will do the tried and tested KYB Excel Gs + King lows (or mabe Lovels?) - plan is to eventually boost it but have fun along the way. 

Thanks for reading. 

Edited by JDM101
  • Like 3

Hey mate, this is getting done into a mint ride. Have you had any previous experience with whiteline/nolathane lower control arms or would you recommend superpro bushes? Thanks

On 8/13/2020 at 6:38 PM, Kroeger said:

Hey mate, this is getting done into a mint ride. Have you had any previous experience with whiteline/nolathane lower control arms or would you recommend superpro bushes? Thanks

Hey man, cheers! 

Personally, I feel you'll have no issues with Superpro and it's not going to be a drastic difference between these brands for the type of use we have, well I'm assuming you're making a reliable street spec. For me it was a good price, the current ones look oem (wouldn't hurt to replace near 18yr old spec bushes..). Let me know how you go? 

My order got delayed until mid September, but it's ok I'll keep at it with my Partsouq spree lol.

On 8/17/2020 at 8:49 AM, JDM101 said:

Hey man, cheers! 

Personally, I feel you'll have no issues with Superpro and it's not going to be a drastic difference between these brands for the type of use we have, well I'm assuming you're making a reliable street spec. For me it was a good price, the current ones look oem (wouldn't hurt to replace near 18yr old spec bushes..). Let me know how you go? 

My order got delayed until mid September, but it's ok I'll keep at it with my Partsouq spree lol.

Its the same everywhere. You got it right, just a nice everyday driver. Its hard to get feedback on parts because everyone does things differently, so when your thread came up in the search I knew I had to post and ask for feedback regarding the lower control arms. Im trying to correct an out of spec rear suspension. Any experience with something like that? Cheers 

Updates:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Fitted a new windscreen, as you can see it's missing its wipers and cowling section, both were getting spray painted (well powder coated for the arms), new wiper blades waiting to go on too. I used Economy Windscreens for replacing it ($250 to come out and replace with the mold replace too). 

Next will be lowering it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1