King's Lowering Springs

GReddy_ES

hi guys...i've just lowered my car with King's Lowering Springs yesterday..right now the car sits 2fingers in front and abt 1finger at the rear..question is..issit normal for the front to be higher than the rear?it was originally already a 1 finger difference between front and rear(front being the higher of the two).

also..the rear has kinda been scrapping the fender slightly during bumps..would this have any adverse effect on anything?

thanks for all valuable omments and opinion :)

cheers

just let it settle for couple of days. but if it doesnt its normal, cause when you have full load of people in the car, you dont want the car to be really low in the back.

what tyre size are you doing in the rear? Try getting a pair of Wheel Spacer...

just let it settle for couple of days. but if it doesnt its normal, cause when you have full load of people in the car, you dont want the car to be really low in the back.

wheel spacers are illegal arent they?

wheel spacers are illegal arent they?

dont get the cheap wheel spacers from eBay for $50 and yes those ones are not safe, they whooble during high speed. :blink:(those are meant for shows)

but the really good wheel spacers should be expensive. I THINK about $150 each (im not too sure about them either...)

yeah thats wad i've been told as well..to let it settle in..hhmm so its normal for the front to be slightly higher..interesting..i tot it would be lower at the front coz of the engine..

i'm running 215/40R17 front and back

:)

hi guys...i've just lowered my car with King's Lowering Springs yesterday..right now the car sits 2fingers in front and abt 1finger at the rear..question is..issit normal for the front to be higher than the rear?it was originally already a 1 finger difference between front and rear(front being the higher of the two).

mmmh...is not normal.

i know a guy at Toyota Club Italia that installed OMP springs on his yaris from a tuning centre, but they have installed the springs at the rear upside-down!!!!! therefore the car was upper to the front than the rear.

check the springs' assembly!

Edited by Just

mmmh...is not normal.

i know a guy at Toyota Club Italia that installed OMP springs on his yaris from a tuning centre, but they have installed the springs at the rear upside-down!!!!! therefore the car was upper to the front than the rear.

check the springs' assembly!

oh..i hope tts not the case..i was there when he took out the springs..its the correct ones coming out of the box for both front and rear..

• 4 years later...

reviving old thread, what are the potential effects of installing rear springs upside down on the zre?

Depends on the springs. Some can be symmetrical so fitting upside down will not present any issues. Others are not symmetrical and will result in the top and bottom not sitting in the proper position on the strut. This can present some safety issues.

By the way, from the image you posted on FB, it would visually look like you have fitted the springs back to front (or had the wrong springs fitted) because personally, something doesn't look right with this image. But that is just from looking at the image. It could just be a bad angle:

di-412842152788.jpg

the fronts are correct :) looked up the part numbers also the ends of the spring seat perfectly in the moldy thingos.

here is what dwees rear kings looked like

Image085.jpg i got the same springs at the back but mine are upside down to this pic i.e the 3 coils that re close together are at the top

I can take a picture of my fronts if you want to compare. My kings are still on my stock shocks.. ;)

Peter.

That would be great!

also i called up king springs head office in qld and they told me that the correct way to install the springs is with the closer coils at the top meaning my rears are in correct and dwees were upside down :S??? if thats what they say is right then ill take there word for it!

I can take a picture of my fronts if you want to compare. My kings are still on my stock shocks.. ;)

Peter.

That would be great!

also i called up king springs head office in qld and they told me that the correct way to install the springs is with the closer coils at the top meaning my rears are in correct and dwees were upside down :S??? if thats what they say is right then ill take there word for it!

Not sure about the rears (I didn't do them) but just checked the fronts. It's a direct fit (as it's supposed to be).

IMGP6388.jpg

Lower part of front shocks:

IMGP6389.jpg

Upper part of front shocks:

IMGP6390.jpg

Now, need to get these bad boys off asap! Hehe

Peter.

while we're on the topic, does anyone have a side showt of their car on king springs with stockies?

I wanna see the ride drop without the springs reset. i saw AR's recent picture and didnt like the drop, or it might've just been the picture. But i saw john's car on stockies with reset king springs. i like it looking level :D

But are there any side effects to it? bad for your shocks? stiff ride? etc

while we're on the topic, does anyone have a side showt of their car on king springs with stockies?

I wanna see the ride drop without the springs reset. i saw AR's recent picture and didnt like the drop, or it might've just been the picture. But i saw john's car on stockies with reset king springs. i like it looking level :D

But are there any side effects to it? bad for your shocks? stiff ride? etc

i still got factory stance and ride is pretty stiff and a bit bouncy sometimes