Blacked window trim

matt36415

I have to say it looks good. I don't mind the stainless steel moulds personally, but you do need to metal polish them occasionally to clean the tarnishing off.

It's those damn B-Pillar moulds that give me grief. I'm going to do a little resto on mine soon. I'll post up some before, during and after pics when I do.

Nice one Matt :thumbsup:

Edited by Tony Prodigy

4 hours ago, Tony Prodigy said:

I have to say it looks good. I don't mind the stainless steel moulds personally,

It does look good but I am a chrome sort of guy.

A few years ago I almost stepped into the path of a vehicle. In the last few seconds, I noticed the chrome trim on the front of the vehicle and stopped with one foot on the road. Yes, I was looking straight at the vehicle but with the shade from an overpass and its bluish colour it blended into the surrounds. Both myself and the driver could have done without those heart palpitations. 

Main reason I drive around with parking lights on is to increase visibility especially when you have a silver car or other colours that can blend into the surrounding environment.  

• Like 1

I also enjoy the chrome surrounds, but i can see the appeal of blackening them out so it does look good and you did a neat job Matt

Interestingly Ash, I had the same happen to me today in an underground car park, a silver grey older camry decided to do about 50 KPH through a section the wrong way swung around the corner and i almost stepped in front of it..fortunately saw the windscreen in the weak lighting and stopped..glad i did as they didn't stop at all..I got the licence number as it had to stop for another car backing out... so..have sent it to a friend at local police station who will give them a "REMINDER" of the road rules..LOL..some colours just blend so well into the background especially when they have not been cleaned for 10 years as this one looked like

KAA

Edited by KAA

1 hour ago, campbeam said:

Yes, I was looking straight at the vehicle but with the shade from an overpass and its bluish colour it blended into the surrounds.

Big learning moment. The driver would have seen a pedestrian looking directly towards him so would have assumed in this situation [no pedestrian crossing] and not going to cross the road. Fortunately, it was a low speed situation with a T intersection and one way traffic.

Since then I have assumed that a pedestrian may not have seem my vehicle and prepared to brake. I also have no sympathy or empathy if the pedestrian is stupid enough to be paying more attention to their mobile phone than being alert crossing the road Karma can give them a "brown pants" moment preferably involving a truck with a bullbar and a really loud horn. 

6 hours ago, campbeam said:

Main reason I drive around with parking lights on is to increase visibility

Reason why I love DRL's ! I'm going to retofit some onto my Aurion one of these days. I'll do a writeup if it all pans out well.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, campbeam said:

I also have no sympathy or empathy if the pedestrian is stupid enough to be paying more attention to their mobile phone than being alert crossing the road Karma can give them a "brown pants" moment preferably involving a truck with a bullbar and a really loud horn. 

This seems to be the order of the day with many people. You have no idea how many people "sleep walk" around the place. If it's that important and it can't wait, stop for a minute get it over with, put the stupid thing back in your pocket and be on your merry way. Heck, it may even save your life ! Now there's a thought :shocking::biggrin: