Hush, new member.

Hush

Hi peoples, I have just bought my second Toyota Aurion, the first one drowned in a flood we had here in NZ in November and as I loved that car so much I just went out and bought another one sight unseen over the phone. The old one (which is tearfully still sitting in my driveway waiting for the tow truck guys to remove for the insurance company) was a 2005, lovely car, leather, power everything, sun roof, mags pretty pale blue colour...hang on tearing up as I type. Anyhow replacement is a 2007, has a few extras like backing camera and satellite navigation, strangely enough the old one had a tow ball that was rated 2000 kgs and came from under the car, this one the tow ball is rated 3500 kgs and pokes out from the rear plastic panel? Anyway I digress, when driving to work this week in Aurion MK2 the navigation drove off the expressway and across the paddocks! I of course was not following it as I was still on the road but obviously the navigation has not upgraded over the years. I did some light shopping for some upgrades and $360 is the going rate. Is there some way to get my navigation upgraded to 2020 without emptying my wallet?

20201207_154502.jpg

5 hours ago, Hush said:

Hi peoples, I have just bought my second Toyota Aurion, the first one drowned in a flood we had here in NZ in November and as I loved that car so much I just went out and bought another one sight unseen over the phone. The old one (which is tearfully still sitting in my driveway waiting for the tow truck guys to remove for the insurance company) was a 2005, lovely car, leather, power everything, sun roof, mags pretty pale blue colour...hang on tearing up as I type. Anyhow replacement is a 2007, has a few extras like backing camera and satellite navigation, strangely enough the old one had a tow ball that was rated 2000 kgs and came from under the car, this one the tow ball is rated 3500 kgs and pokes out from the rear plastic panel? Anyway I digress, when driving to work this week in Aurion MK2 the navigation drove off the expressway and across the paddocks! I of course was not following it as I was still on the road but obviously the navigation has not upgraded over the years. I did some light shopping for some upgrades and $360 is the going rate. Is there some way to get my navigation upgraded to 2020 without emptying my wallet?

20201207_154502.jpg

Check to see if your satnav unit has a micro SD/ SD card

Either way I would swing past your local Toyota dealer and ask them how much they charge to do an update.

Mine cost from memory about $100 (I honestly can' remember) for my 2017 Camry

It was more expensive than just buying a separate satnav that hangs off your windscreen (that usually comes with lifetime map updates)

But I prefer the in dash, especially the bigger screen (which I why I'll do mine every 3 years or so)

Good luck, and let us know how you go :-)

Edited by Novicebutnice

Welcome to the forum Rick, sorry to hear of the demise of the Aurion mk1. So many have had issues with updating their maps short of going to Toyota or upgrading their head unit. I went with the later as I refused to pay the money from Toyota over 250 Dollars just to do up the maps, plus got the benefit of a better sound system and free upgrades for 5 years.

Hope you enjoy your new beast and close your eyes the day they do tow your first love away

Keep Well and let us know your outcome

KAA