Another Newbe

G'Day, Lofty here from Mackay Queensland, been working on my touring Prado ever since it arrived on 5 Jan 2021.
It is a Dusty Bronze MY21 GXL Auto that has a 60mm Dobinson suspension lift and a 12mm tyre lift courtesy of bigger Yokahama X-AT tyres on Monster Siege black rims,
I have fitted Mr Airbag High pressure airbags on the rear held in by 300kg rated Dobinson springs, 100 kg rated Dobinson springs on the front.

ARB Summit colour coded Bull Bar sits out front with Stedi LED spotlights and ARB recovery points x 2, Safari snorkel takes care of the fresh air duties,

Outback roller drawers are in place where the 3rd row seats used to be, and a GME 370 UHF takes care of the chat duties.

already clocked up 10,000k,s in 12 weeks, so she is getting some use.

Regards Lofty

prad.JPG

• Like 1

Welcome to the Forum. You look as though you have got the right vehicle for the rainy season.

I was just thinking that it would have cost you a few dollars then I noticed a Bank's building in the background. 😄 

Another few weeks and you will be past what I drive in 12 months. I spend so much time on the bus going to work. 😷

9 hours ago, campbeam said:

Welcome to the Forum. You look as though you have got the right vehicle for the rainy season.

I was just thinking that it would have cost you a few dollars then I noticed a Bank's building in the background. 😄 

😄😄😄

Welcome to the forum Robert. A picture tells a thousand words, and I too, when I saw the bank building in the background, I had to chuckle too. 4 wheel driving can be quite an expensive affair and it's good that you can bring some of your 4WD expertise here too. I know nothing about it, but am always interested in what others are doing.

Glad you have it sorted and are enjoying it too.

I have to say, I can't even remember the last time I ever saw a stand alone bank building. 

All the best mate and safe motoring :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, Tony Prodigy said:

4 wheel driving can be quite an expensive affair and it's good that you can bring some of your 4WD expertise here too. I know nothing about it, but am always interested in what others are doing.

Glad you have it sorted and are enjoying it too.

Same as Tony, I know nothing about 4WD. I am interested particularly in the accessories and upgrades.

For your consideration, there is a Member's Ride section where you could post more photos and mention why you selected those upgrades. I had not previously heard about Dobinson Springs.