CES Pics

Anyone wanting pics of the CES CAI, CES HEADER and CES EXHAUST

please pm your email and i will forward on pics..

im at work at the moment and dont have enough time to save and upload pics...much faster to forward emails.

pretty expensive for a CAI, any advantages over Injen and AEM? Pipe diameter looks the same from the pics

From what i have seen and been told by Northy it is a basic copy of the TRD layout but wit a 3" pipe instead of 70mm and it has an extra bend where the pod goes on to clear the foglight... The apparent downside is the hesitation or lack of "go" when the car is cold... most likley due to the fact that the pipe is 3" and the airflow past the MAF at idle ect is not enough to make it flow true through th MAF... The US guys with the turbo spyders/celicas had the same issues... some ended up making vanes in the pipe to straighten the airflow into the MAF... others reduced the size of the pipe back to 2.75

Yes, I had the same problem when i designed my own CAI. The resultant compromise solution is a 2.75 in up pipe where the MAF sits and then a 3 in down pipe to the "cold hole". A 3 in up pipe is simply too big and may have dire results for low end.

it is worthy to note that I made mine with the cold hole pipe portion attached via silicon joiners so that the angle can be altered (by buying different angle bends)

Things to note for other that want to custom make it is that the MAF should remain approx the same location as closer to the TB will expose it to more engine heat as well as air turbulance when the butterfly valve snaps shut, resulting in hesitation.

But yeah, no floggin CES stuff here unles they pay a fee!

After I'm done fabricating the exhaust for my wagon I'll make up a 3" stainless CAI from the leftover scraps. I'll weld an airflow straightener in pre-MAF to see what difference it makes. An airflow straightener was put in an aftermarket intake pipe pre-MAF on an altezza 3sge and it made a world of difference.

It's easy to make and only about $40 worth of material in 304.

After I'm done fabricating the exhaust for my wagon I'll make up a 3" stainless CAI from the leftover scraps. I'll weld an airflow straightener in pre-MAF to see what difference it makes. An airflow straightener was put in an aftermarket intake pipe pre-MAF on an altezza 3sge and it made a world of difference.

Yeah, but only coz u have a welder to use!

so Injen and AEM dont have a 3" diameter? Im getting and Injen or AEM soon havent decided due to the fact thats its damn near impossible to decide. CES looks like a good system but damn pushing near 500 bux is over my price range

Bah, talk to Ydoit4 and if u like what he says PM me and i'll give u the blue prints to make ur own, no welding required!

Edited by negatron

Bingo !

Edited by IZZ-FE

pretty expensive for a CAI, any advantages over Injen and AEM? Pipe diameter looks the same from the pics

From what i have seen and been told by Northy it is a basic copy of the TRD layout but wit a 3" pipe instead of 70mm and it has an extra bend where the pod goes on to clear the foglight... The apparent downside is the hesitation or lack of "go" when the car is cold... most likley due to the fact that the pipe is 3" and the airflow past the MAF at idle ect is not enough to make it flow true through th MAF... The US guys with the turbo spyders/celicas had the same issues... some ended up making vanes in the pipe to straighten the airflow into the MAF... others reduced the size of the pipe back to 2.75

My TRD CAI does exactly the same thing when it's cold :o

But my custom one doesn't. B)

My Injen never did that either.. :rolleyes:

My AEM rules

Hey Dan,

Wondering were u got the AEM installed from? I also live in Mel and would denfinitely want to install one.

Thanks mate,

Eric

My Injen never did that either.. :rolleyes:

But if you want the most power then you'd go with TRD or CES :P But if you're scared then you'd go with Injen or AEM :P :P :P

Injen equipped corolla made more power than TRD Equipped corolla during Melb dyno day. Not that it really matters anyway.

My AEM rules

Hey Dan,

Wondering were u got the AEM installed from? I also live in Mel and would denfinitely want to install one.

Thanks mate,

Eric

I fit it myself.

Ive got a pod connected to a rubber hose, does the same thing. I am not experimenting over CAI's any more :) will spend cash on something more important like the stockmarket where im getting back more cash not kw's. Think about it :) .Its just a pipe, it's the pod flow that matters. I have a K&N Appollo for sale, would be prefect on a 1zz, but a little too restrictive foe a 2zz.