Check engine, VSC and traction control lights on dash

Rimsy

Hi Everyone,

I recently bought a 2007 Aurion AT-X, 140,000km on the clock. Love it so far, bought as a second car to do odd jobs and tow my box trailer around.

Anyway, I stupidly plugged in my OBDII reader and cleared the codes (there wasn't any lights on the dash or anything). Following that, the check engine, VSC and TC lights are now on the dash. Even if I clear the codes with my reader, as soon as I start driving again the lights come back.

From reading online I believe this is because my OBDII reader has deleted the calibration for the yaw rate acceleration sensor? (please correct me if I am wrong). I see there are many Youtube videos on how to recalibrate this but they all seem a little different. My question is has anyone does this recalibration on an Aurion and if so could you walk me through it? I don't want to cause anymore issues so being cautious.

Update. I found a service manual and did the recalibration. Warning lights returned after driving away. Did another scan and had a different error (P0354). So took it to Toyota (had to go in to get the oil cooler pipe recall done anyway) and they replaced the coil pack on cylinder 4 and everything is fine now.

• Like 1

HI Adam, Awesome that those pesky lights have been sorted out, The old quote of if it's not broken leave it alone comes to mind in your case, always the way that you think your doing something right and then boom all sorts of issue show up. Glad Toyota got that pipe and coil pack done especially the recall on the cooler pipe, it was a real issue with so many being brought to a horrible halt with oil everywhere very fast.

Keep Safe

KAA

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Rimsy said:

Update. I found a service manual and did the recalibration. Warning lights returned after driving away. Did another scan and had a different error (P0354). So took it to Toyota (had to go in to get the oil cooler pipe recall done anyway) and they replaced the coil pack on cylinder 4 and everything is fine now.

Can you post details of the settings and how you did the recalibration. Interesting that coil pack on cylinder 4 needed to be replaced.

Hopefully no more coil pack issues before the spark plugs are due for replacement.

When I replaced my spark plugs, I also replaced the coil packs. Previous owner/service centre had used a different brand so I replaced them with the Denso long life iridium plugs which are OEM for the 2GR-FE engine.

https://www.densoproducts.com/how-long-do-denso-iridium-plugs-last

14 hours ago, campbeam said:

Can you post details of the settings and how you did the recalibration. Interesting that coil pack on cylinder 4 needed to be replaced.

Hopefully no more coil pack issues before the spark plugs are due for replacement.

When I replaced my spark plugs, I also replaced the coil packs. Previous owner/service centre had used a different brand so I replaced them with the Denso long life iridium plugs which are OEM for the 2GR-FE engine.

https://www.densoproducts.com/how-long-do-denso-iridium-plugs-last

Hi Ashley,

The Aurion workshop manual is free to download at https://www.allcarmanuals.com/factory-service-manual-228-Toyota-Aurion-XV40.html

The details for the calibration of the VSC can be found in the Brake Control document on pages BC-122 to BC-126. The hardest part is finding a flat surface (inclination of less than 1 degree).

Edited by Rimsy
  • Thanks 1