Never rush across an intersection

I noticed on the airbag shot that the windscreen on the passenger side was cracked, im guessing from the dash flap....

Sorry to hear about it, i guess it shows how safe the cars are.....What speed do you think she hit you at??? What sort of car was it that hit you??

mmm dash flap probably causes windscreen to break, seeing how dash flap is made of metal! but i'm oretty sure that the flap is designed to crack the windscreen, so that the windscreen wont shatter and remove all vision of the driver.

Did the police come. The way I read it are you in the wrong (failing to give right of way) despite her tailgating.

Did you get get booked. Looks like your insurance coy will have to pay for her car as well.

Good to see no one was hurt just the same.

Money and cars are just things and its easy to replace things not so you life or health.

Glad your OK

grrrr tailgaiters

So its not just speed that is dangerous

DAMM thats nastay !!!! But it's not really the tailgaters fault now is it ?!

Dude, glad you are ok, but that could have been VERY BAD NEWS FOR YOU seeing that the hit, I am assuming is on the driver's side .

Edited by Les

Im still sorting out the insurance co. so im not sure what the go is. But im not letting the car go thats for sure!! may have a struggle? <_<

She hit me from the right hand side at at least 100km/h.

She was driving a VX commie wagon, and the damage to her car was minimal. Her airbag didnt even go off!! the front left hand lights on her car were broken and there was only slight (and i mean slight) panel damage. This has givin me alot of hope for the chassis on my car. I dont think its gunna be that bad ;) . It seems to be the crumple zone just got ripped off.

the damage was literally 5mm from the front of the engine. :)

Damn!!!

Just try build it as a rally car.. dun rebuild it back to your daily driving .. 1 day u might wanna sell it and ppl check up the vin and rego and know its been in an accident, it;ll be harder to get rid of! ;)

its all fixable ^^

airbags you can get from a wrecked for 1400 a set, front panels probably 100 bux each max.

headlights will be your biggest problems, untensioned seatbelts maybe another problem, shifts in your front chassis around the suspension area prob your biggest fear. but i dont think it would cost you more then 4000 to put it back on the road (that includes paint). So if you get a new one from your insurance, see if you can keep the old one and rebuild it and sell it CHA CHING!!!! :lol: either way its going to get auctioned off too a wrecker for nearly nothing.

wreckers are your friends :rolleyes:

Edited by Mello

its all fixable ^^

airbags you can get from a wrecked for 1400 a set,

mate, if u can tell me where i can get a set of airbags for 1400, i'll be your best friend forever!

unless your talking overseas... cos i know they are cheap there, but here easily almost what u said each

mate u dont no how to calculate for ****,4000 yeah right,

i would budget 7000-8000, and if it would go to auction as repairable , it would go for, 8 to 12 kor if it statutory write off, 3-5k

cheers

mine was 7 grand from auction, about as damaged as this one... fixed it for just over 4K

mind u we did have a few parts sitting around waiting for the car...

mate ralyrt do you even work in this field? do you even know your stuff?

GO TO A WRECKER AND LOOK IT UP, no sh!t it would be 7-8000 for new parts price.

i see you also dont judge the possibilities of buying damaged used cars from auctions look at the state of that car how much damage? my guess is it will sell for 10k, now you strip that smashed car up and you sell it piece by piece and now i ask... did you buy it close to nothing? how do you reckon wreckers earn a living, even if they buy that car for 10k they earn double it back by selling it in separated parts. Mate think before you speak.

my wrecker says i can get a set of airbags in for 1400 in melbourne. but thats a secret ^^ (*sorry tricks of the trade*)

i would budget 7000-8000, and if it would go to auction as repairable , it would go for, 8 to 12 kor if it statutory write off, 3-5k

cheers

Misc-6thSense.jpg

cheers

Misc-6thSense.jpg

LMAO :lol:

Once I crashed a Celica to a kerb... no panel damage (surprisingly)

the suspension, crossmember, steering rack, tyres and rims x2.. wishbone x1

they cost me $8000 to fix it

but I think they robbed me for sure...

anyway it happened long time ago... hee hee

If ur insurance company is going to replace it new for old they'll have to make a quick decision!

Not too many Sportivo's left I imagine, possibly none.

Carsales shows one in stock in South Australia.

i didnt say i will cost that much, i said budget for it,

micky tee

u bought it 7000 , was it are sportivo, i doubt it was,

, put this way i no more than u think, and i was taking bout second hand parts not brand new,

and

big bum i worked at are wrecker for 3 years,so i my no *****

anyone wanna bet it cost that much, and it all comes down to whos panel beating it and painting it, so price will vary from place to place

2bnvd

yeah u see dumb people post how dumb others are, but the relise they are the dumb ones

so before anyone post some crap,make sure u know what your taking bout

go to the auctions and let no how much sportivo are going for, you'll be suprised