Top Posters In This Topic

• MarkMish

• Sportivo05

• eggbert_99

• MT

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yeh darkest as possible ;)

AGH!! i just got battery ACID ALL over ME! bloody lazy ppl dont take batterys off utes...then it rains and u cant tell its acid till its to late and its all over u...GRRrrrr

Edited by Aimee_B

Darkest possible aye ;)

I got darkest legal, such a waste of money, its hardly dark at all, you can still see inside the car too easy.

Quick wash the stuff off with soap and water, battery acid = bad!

Battery acid + soap = bad

Battery Acid is a acid, Soap is alkaline = chemical reaction producing a salt, CO2 and water + heat...

just use lots and lots of water... at least 10 minutes on effected areas to dilute and remove it.

From the MSDS

Synonyms

SPENT BATTERY ACID

SULFURIC ACID 15 - 51 %

BATT 00004726 - PRODUCT CODE

BATT 00001594 - PRODUCT CODE

Uses

BATTERY ACID

INDUSTRIAL APPLICATIONS

WASTE PRODUCT

Manufacturer/Supplier Details

Manufacturer/Supplier

ZINIFEX METALS (FORMERLY PASMINCO METALS PTY LTD)

Address

Level 7, 380 St Kilda Rd, Melbourne, Victoria, AUSTRALIA, 3004

Telephone:

(03) 9288 0303

Fax:

(03) 9288 0205

Email:

Web Site:

Emergency

(03) 9288 0303

Transport Information

CLASSIFIED AS A DANGEROUS GOOD BY THE CRITERIA OF THE ADG CODE

UN Number

Shipping Name

SULFURIC ACID with not more than 51% acid or BATTERY FLUID, ACID

DG Class

8 (Corrosive)

Subsidiary Risk(s)

None Allocated

Packing Group

II (Products which present medium danger during transport.)

EPG Code

8A2

Hazchem Code

2R

Water Fog (or fine water spray if fog unavailable)

R

Full protective equipment including Self Contained Breathing apparatus.

Hazards Identification

CLASSIFIED AS HAZARDOUS ACCORDING TO NOHSC CRITERIA

Risk Phrases

R35

Causes severe burns.

Safety Phrases

S1/2

Keep locked up and out of reach of children.

S26

In case of contact with eyes, rinse immediately with plenty of water and contact a doctor or Poisons Information Centre.

S30

Never add water to this product.

S45

In case of accident or if you feel unwell, contact a doctor or Poisons Information Centre immediately (show the label where possible).

Ingredient Formula CAS No Concentration

SULPHURIC ACID H2-S-O4 7664-93-9 5-30%

WATER H2O 7732-18-5 >60%

Exposure Controls / Personal Protection

Ventilation

Do not inhale vapours. Use in well ventilated areas. In poorly ventilated areas, mechanical extraction ventilation is recommended.Maintain vapour levels below the recommended exposure standard.

Exposure Standards

SULPHURIC ACID

ES-STEL : 3 mg/m3

WES-TWA: 1 mg/m3

ES-TWA: 1 mg/m3

Poison Schedule

S6 - Classified as a Schedule 6 (S6) Poison using the criteria in the Standard for the Uniform Scheduling of Drugs and Poisons (SUSDP).

PPE

Wear a faceshield, splash-proof goggles, full-length rubber or full-length PVC gloves, coveralls, a PVC apron and rubber boots. Where an inhalation risk exists, wear a Full-face Type B (Inorganic and Acid gas) or an Air-line respirator. When using large quantities or where heavy contamination is likely, wear impervious coveralls.

Toxicological Information

Health Hazard Summary

Highly corrosive. Use safe work practices to avoid eye or skin contact and vapour or spray mist generation - inhalation. Exposure may result in severe skin, eye and respiratory burns with permanent lung and tissue damage. If diluted, the risk of adverse health effects are reduced.

Eye

Highly corrosive - severe irritant. Contact may result in pain, lacrimation, redness, conjunctivitis, corneal burns and ulceration with possible permanent damage.

Inhalation

Highly corrosive - severe irritant. Over exposure may result in mucous membrane irritation, coughing, bronchitis, ulceration, bloody nose, lung tissue damage, chemical pneumonitis, pulmonary oedema and death.

Skin

Corrosive - severe irritant. Contact may result in rash, dermatitis, blistering and severe burns. Effects (eg. burning sensation) may be delayed.

Ingestion

Highly corrosive. Ingestion may result in burns to the mouth and throat, nausea, vomiting and abdominal pain. Large doses may result in ulceration, unconsciousness, convulsions and death.

Toxicity Data

SULPHURIC ACID

LC50 (Inhalation): 18 mg/m3 (guinea pig)

LD50 (Ingestion): 2140 mg/kg (rat)

First Aid Measures

Eye

Hold eyelids apart and flush continuously with water. Continue until advised to stop by the Poisons Information Centre, a doctor, or for at least 15 minutes. Keep patient calm.

Inhalation

Leave area of exposure immediately. If symptoms occur, seek urgent medical attention. If assisting a victim avoid becoming a casualty, wear a Full-face Type B (Inorganic and acid gas) respirator or Air-line respirator (in poorly ventilated areas). If victim is not breathing apply artificial respiration.

Skin

Remove contaminated clothing and gently flush affected areas with water. Seek medical attention if irritation develops. Launder clothing before reuse.

Ingestion

DO NOT induce vomiting. Immediately wash out mouth with water, and then give water to drink. Seek medical attention.

Advice to Doctor

Treat symptomatically

Fire Fighting Measures

Flammability

Non flammable. May evolve flammable hydrogen gas upon contact with metals. Will evolve toxic sulphur oxides when heated to decomposition.

Fire and Explosion

Non flammable. Evacuate area and contact emergency services. Toxic gases (sulphur oxides) may be evolved when heated in a fire situation. Remain upwind and notify those downwind of hazard. Wear full protective equipment including Self Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA) when combating fire. Use waterfog to cool intact containers and nearby storage areas.

Extinguishing

Non flammable. Prevent contamination of drains or waterways, absorb runoff with sand or similar.

Hazchem Code

2R

Water Fog (or fine water spray if fog unavailable)

R

Full protective equipment including Self Contained Breathing apparatus.

Accidental Release Measures

Spillage

For liquid spills: contact emergency services. Clear area of unprotected personnel. Ventilate area where possible. Wear PVC gloves, a Full-face Type B (Inorganic and acid gas) respirator or Air-line respirator, full-length PVC coveralls and boots. Cover with sodium bicarbonate or 50-50 mixture of sodium carbonate & calcium hydroxide. Collect for complete neutralisation and appropriate disposal.

Stability And Reactivity

Reactivity

Incompatible with oxidising agents (eg. hypochlorites), alkalis (eg. sodium hydroxide) and some metals (evolving flammable/ potentially explosive hydrogen gas).

Decomposition Products

Will evolve toxic sulphur oxides when heated to decomposition.

Handling And Storage

Handling

Before use carefully read the product label. Use of safe work practices are recommended to avoid eye or skin contact and inhalation. Observe good personal hygiene, including washing hands before eating. Prohibit eating, drinking and smoking in contaminated areas (eg. if container is damaged).

Storage

Store in secured, cool, dry, well ventilated area, removed from oxidising agents (eg. hypochlorites), alkalis, most metals, heat sources and foodstuffs. Ensure containers are adequately labelled and protected from physical damage. Check regularly for leaks or spills. Large storage areas should have appropriate fire prevention and ventilation systems.

Ecological

Environment

Sulphuric acid is miscible with water and its dilution will increase the velocity of downward movement in the soil where it may dissolve the soil material. Sulphuric acid is harmful to aquatic life in very low concentrations. May cause corrosion and deterioration of many common materials found in the environment (eg steel, limestone).

Disposal Considerations

Waste Disposal

Wearing the protective equipment detailed above, neutralise to pH 6-8 by SLOW addition to a saturated sodium bicarbonate solution or similar basic solution. Dilute with excess water and flush to drain. Waste disposal should only be undertaken in a well ventilated area.

lol thanks for the info - luckliy it was diluted abit since being in the back of the ute in the rain, but i got the stuff all over my clothes and hands (i used gloves to begin with, but took them off for the fidly work)

hands started tingling soon after, and clothes will deterioate shortly (strong ****!) but i washed most of it off-just had a go at the idoits who left it there....made me feel a bit better...:)

good info there dylan!

Phil im getting 15% and thats dark! its got a warranty but i cant get the papers cos its not legal.

Guys all i can say is............................

SSSSSSHHHHHhhhhhhh ;) ;) ;)

lol i was rolling up a coupla meters of rubber i got, and relised there was battery acid all over them and the ute tray-it was so strong it had cleaned the tray back to its original sparkling aluminum colour-almost chromish. i do alota heavy lifting at my work ;) but i dont mind asking the boys for help when i feel lazy....

MMmmmm PizZa for dinnner....YUUUMMMYY!

Re: earlier window tint conversation.... keep in mind that it could void your insurance if you have an accident and the assessor deems that you couldn't see out of the car properly. They'll do anything to weasel their way out of a payout!

HEY ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

i cant even read through all teh pages of crap youve been talkin about :D

Mish we saw Mark the other night- Thursday night i think on the great western did he tell u me & sam...

hopw everyone is well

yeah i saw u and sam thurs nite i was on the way home form work

You could always get them to tint the front two windows in legal tint then tint the back and rear windows darker.

I heard its legal that way.

But Shhhhhhhh ;)