New user

Jim_P

Welcome to the forum Jim, glad your happy with your new Toy, any issues or questions please ask as someone will always help if they can mate

KAA

14 hours ago, Jim_P said:

Hello All,
I have recently purchased a Toyota Kluger 2018 AWD GXL. My first Toyota, and it's a great car. 

Kind Regards,

Jim.

G'day Jim and welcome mate.

Congrats on your new acquisition. It's a whole level of wonderful stepping into a Toyota if you've never owned one before, especially a Kluger. Magnificent vehicle, comfortable, robust and reliable. I'm sure you'll be thoroughly enjoying driving it after a hard day's work especially.

We would always advocate for a thorough maintenance schedule for the 2GR-FE as it is prone to sludging.  If you follow the stupid service book oil change interval you'll be headed for trouble. 15K oil change interval is very bad practise and there is plenty of evidence out there the damage it can cause long term because people tend to overshoot what is already a very long and drawn out oil service. Please do not fall into that trap of capped priced servicing. Have the oil replaced every 6 months or between 5 and 8K. 10k max, but don't let it go beyond as you will start to develop the sludge slowly over time and reduce the efficiency of those systems which require clean free flowing oil to operate properly. These modern engines have a much finer tolerance than that of old and so one needs to be aware of proper servicing. Use a high quality, fully synthetic oil and you'll never have an issue. 
I've been using Nulon 5W-30 since purchasing my Aurion and its internals are still as new with not even a hint of discolouration. I like to support local industry and we have some excellent choices in Nulon, Penrite and Gulf Western. My choice is the Nulon, but it's really up to the individual. We usually purchase and stock up when the sales are on and some of us are known to have an "Oil Stash" hidden in our garages  😁  

Please post up some pics so we can see it if you can. We all hope you enjoy your stay here. :thumbsup:

Regards
Tony 

• Like 1