HID install guide

Romp

Can somebody please post a step by step guide on installing HID kit - specifically Techone if you can haha.

Thanks

Its easy man, just plug everythung where it fits n Cable tie the ballasts to something. You cant get it wrong. The hard part is adjusting them the headlights. There are two adjustments on each light, one for left/right the other for up/down. Dont touch the left/right which is the one near the quarter panel. The one near the grill is the up/down, adjust that down till your satisfied that u dont blind people.

• 6 months later...

can someone confirm for me which screw it is for adjusting the level of the lights??

I turned on the lights, and was turning this screw which I'd thought is the one for the lights, but the level don't seem to be moving at all??

I need to lower my HID's :help:

can someone confirm for me which screw it is for adjusting the level of the lights??

I turned on the lights, and was turning this screw which I'd thought is the one for the lights, but the level don't seem to be moving at all??

I need to lower my HID's :help:

don't noe about the pre-facelifts.. but on the post-facelifts theres a wheel, shaped like a gear located behind the headlights.. there are 4 of them.. 2 for each headlight.. and i believe u turn these to adjust the aim..

photo01671oe6.jpg

Edited by Ic3Man

you can actually pay someone to install it if you dont have a clue of what are you doing, they usually charge

you around $100 - $150 it depends on some places.

but i install mine with a help of my friend, usually takes around 40mins or 1hr this is the most effective way doing it.

first thing i did was take my front bar off

got my ballast and place it where it wont hit the front bar, usually its under the headlights.

bolt it in so it stays in place and wont move around.

and connect the cables together, its not that hard really easy as 123 abc :clap::clap::clap:

cable tie all the loose cables and put everything back together.

the brand you should be buying and Only buying are the phillips brand.

they are realible and the best kit, and worth every dollar spent.

B) B) B) B) B) :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Does anyone hear there 'ballast' thing from the drivers seat? Is it normal ?? Plus, does anyone still use the black caps located behind the lights ?? :rolleyes:

Does anyone hear there 'ballast' thing from the drivers seat? Is it normal ?? Plus, does anyone still use the black caps located behind the lights ?? :rolleyes:

not really, maybe when the car engine is off....

Not to put a downer on things but you guys do know that putting HIDs into your factory housings puts out heaps of glare to on coming traffic and people in front of you! If you really want the HID look, do it properly and retrofit projectors into the headlighs. This way you will get that awesome cut off with firstly looks heaps better, and secondly it doesnt blind everyone around you and you actually get the benefits of using HIDs. Putting them into a projector will be brighter than just chucking them into the housing by heaps!

As more and more people install these kits onto factory housings, sooner or later, this will be one of the things the police will crack down on and its best to have it done properly first time so you dont get booked.

(Not trying to flame but just something that should be thought of before installing one of those kits)

Not to put a downer on things but you guys do know that putting HIDs into your factory housings puts out heaps of glare to on coming traffic and people in front of you! If you really want the HID look, do it properly and retrofit projectors into the headlighs. This way you will get that awesome cut off with firstly looks heaps better, and secondly it doesnt blind everyone around you and you actually get the benefits of using HIDs. Putting them into a projector will be brighter than just chucking them into the housing by heaps!

As more and more people install these kits onto factory housings, sooner or later, this will be one of the things the police will crack down on and its best to have it done properly first time so you dont get booked.

(Not trying to flame but just something that should be thought of before installing one of those kits)

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...showtopic=11151

thats the reason why you don't put HID on stock (or non designed HID) Headlights.

and as for the DIY GUIDE, didn't you get one inside the box??

Edited by leasaunce

Its easy man, just plug everythung where it fits n Cable tie the ballasts to something. You cant get it wrong. The hard part is adjusting them the headlights. There are two adjustments on each light, one for left/right the other for up/down. Dont touch the left/right which is the one near the quarter panel. The one near the grill is the up/down, adjust that down till your satisfied that u dont blind people.

Yeah plug and play is easy, and its also easy to put glare to other people even if you adjust it to the lowest point. ADDITIONALLY, you're putting yourself in danger because the light is scattered everywhere and not on the road therefore you're hindering your night view on the road.

No harsh feelings here i have a corolla too you know :whistling: