Tyre Wear

CAP

Hey all,

Just curious to find out what sort of tyre wear you're all getting from your treads

I've now covered 13k on my Falken's with my first rotation at 8k. Still got heaps of tread left so I'm estimating I'll get 25000 km's from them.

ive covered 13k in the stock stivo tyres, i havent rotated them yet, *lazy* but they seem to be wearing out pretty fast, id say maybe 60-70% tread left, the back have about 75%, like someone said before, they are easy to smoke, too soft for my liking.

My car is about to hit 24000km and the tyres are pretty stuffed.

I have rotaded twice had them balance and alligned once.

THey are starting to crack and the tread id down pretty low.

I might try and get 50,000 km out of them though!

Sorry to be contoversial, but I've got very strong views on rotation...fronts wear 75% to backs 25% or less, same for brake pads...dont rotate, and renew fronts only at 30% and you'll have

1. a much better, safer driving experience...

2. much cheaper motoring......

Fronts do all the work, always look after them first.... just my view......

very true dekota....

bill: had a bbq on a total fire ban day (although the temp that day only reached 27c (we had evidence to prove that)

Damn small BBQ too,

yeap 3 large plus 8 smalls for lawyer.

Sorry for getting off topic IZZ.

Later,

Chris

Dakota:

That's serious food for thought, I rotated at the recommendation of the Tyre retailer and also habit ( I previously owned a rear wheel drive )

What you've said makes sense.

Pecker:

3 grand, ***** hope those snags and steaks tasted good :lol: :D

Damn that's steep!

• 1 year later...

wel on my stock tyre before i sold them, i manage to get abt 33,000 on them and they still had about 40%-30%

i reckon stock you will b able to get about 40,000 easy if you take care of it..

and now wid my falken...they aint that bad..done about 12,000km and rotating it every 5,000km...

My stock tyres have done just over 30,000 km's (that was when I upgraded my rims) and 2 track days. They should still be good for one more... They take a beating they way I drive then at the track too ;)

The touranza's have a good lifetime on them I'm actually quite impresed. Near the end of their life they actually feel like there is mre grip on the track with them as the block movement is reduced. The wear pattern from the last track day look far better to the first time I went out... but that could also be due to runing with a better tyre pressure too <_< :rolleyes:

Sorry to be contoversial, but I've got very strong views on rotation...fronts wear 75% to backs 25% or less, same for brake pads...dont rotate, and renew fronts only at 30% and you'll have

1. a much better, safer driving experience...

2. much cheaper motoring......

Fronts do all the work, always look after them first.... just my view......

I can see the benefits of your idea, but I'm not sure that provides "a much better, safer driving experience" than regular rotations.

The way I figure it, seeing as you need a balance and perhaps an alignment every 10k, you may as well take the free rotation while you're there.

I know not everyone believes in all that, but if you dealt with the crap roads we have here in Brisbane, you'd want your geometry checked regularly too! :)

In response to the original question, I'd say the standard Dunlops on our wagon should have 50,000km in them easily ... the question is, why would I want to keep them?? :P Gotta get that bank balance up before Yokohama take the A539's off the market completely! :(

Edited by Buddha

So you literally drive the tyres off your car on track  :blink:

wow .. i only get about 10k kms from the pirelli P7000's on the merc .. have swapped to michelin now as they suppose to wear longer

will be good to see how much i get out of the corolla ones now