Rattle in my dash - Stivo

Last couple of weeks I have had a bad rattle coming from I think the centre of my dash (maybe just maybe the cd stacker). It is only audible at 2800-3200rpm and you can hear it when stationery (revving) or when driving.

Its becoming bloody annoying and I am a little wary of taking it back to Toyota for a dash rattle (I'd rather fix it myself).

Anyone had a similar problem and fixed it?

got the same problem - by pressing firmly around the CD player you can sought of reproduce the crack/ rattle/creak - call it whatever.

Just demonsrate to the dealer - with your fingers pressed around the outside of the CD player next time you take your car in and HOPE they say yeah will fix it. :angry:

got the same problem - by pressing firmly around the CD player you can sought of reproduce the crack/ rattle/creak - call it whatever.

Just demonsrate to the dealer - with your fingers pressed around the outside of the CD player next time you take your car in and HOPE they say yeah will fix it. :angry:

Yep I have noticed pushing around the cd player helps, I was wondering if its the cd stack rattling...

Does yours rattle at exactly 2800-3200 rpm? Intermitent - does it one day and totally gone the next and so on?

Bloody rattles are darn hard to figure out hence I was hoping to fix it myself!

something similar happend on a previous car of mine and it was two things something was loose behind the head unit.

and 2nd this was a clip behind the air vent was loose. so check that out

Yep I have noticed pushing around the cd player helps, I was wondering if its the cd stack rattling...

Does yours rattle at exactly 2800-3200 rpm? Intermitent - does it one day and totally gone the next and so on?

Bloody rattles are darn hard to figure out hence I was hoping to fix it myself!

YES!!! And I have had my selector cables done. This is a totally different rattle and everything. I can not wait until someone finds it....

I drove to work this morning and rattle rattle rattle. Got one on my workmates to try and figure out where it was coming from but alas no friggen rattle at all (was pretty warm at this time - seems to rattle when its cold outside and not at all when the dash is warm). To me it sounds like the left door now (*** knows) but I will check the plastic kick panel and see what happens.

Rang toyota and they said bring it in anytime but I dont see much point in it seeing its so intermitent.

Oh well, gotta pick up the misses in a little bit and I will see what happens this time!

Thanks again for any advice:)

i think its the left air vent closes to our headunit .. my car rattles heaps .. have returned it to toyota for check up and they say its :

1. stereo has loose wires

2. strut and rear sway loose bolts

3. Cold air intake

i think its the left air vent closes to our headunit .. my car rattles heaps .. have returned it to toyota for check up and they say its :

1. stereo has loose wires

2. strut and rear sway loose bolts

3. Cold air intake

Blame it on the CAI. That'd be right.

Obvoiusly it can't be a temperature thing, because here in Brisbane it has been happening on my car all year round and at all temperatures. I have driven a round trip to Coollangatta (around 250 - 300km round trip) and it still happens in the closing k's to home where the car should be well and truley warmed up.

It obviously can't be CAI either, cause I don't have one.

I can tell you that there is no stereo wires loose hehind the head unit because all mine have been taped and loomed together when I fitted my sub....

I like the loose plastic screw idea the best. I might have a look at that this arvy when I get home...

Cheers

Aaron :)

Drove the car last night and rattle rattle rattle. Misses was late coming out of work and did a full check of anything loose I could find. My kick panel on the drivers side seems secure but on the passenger side (centre console) there is a panel which seemed very looose held in by plastic screws. Sort of moved it round dodgy and no rattles on the way home. Hopefully thats it:)

Doubt it will be that easy though!