Floor mats

Henstepper

What floor mats would anyone recommend for the Aurion?  I don't want OEM they are far too expensive I got a cheap pair from super cheap but they are far too small for the car

Edited by Henstepper
  • Like 1

Hi Steve, Not many options that are really cheap that will fit perfect, I noticed there are many sales on at places like Supercheap Auto-barn and Repco so try some online searches for those places, another place too look is fitmycar.com who always have perfect fit floor mats but if I recall right they are pretty close in price to genuine. Good Luck with the hunt for a cheap set mate, as I remember my wonderful wife cutting up some carpet and edging them for a previous car we had so it is always an option.

KAA

• Like 1

I've been considering making some myself for quite some time.

For the past 3 or so years I've had my Aurion, I've used the same floormats in it. They slide around and bend at the left foot rest (driver seat) and a few times have caused confusion as to why the boot wouldn't close (got stuck under the boot release lever and my idiot brain thought the boot lock mechanism was fk'd lol).

But I agree, the OEM ones are so expensive, and plain-looking. Black or gray...I don't want all black or all gray. I want flexibility; customization. I don't just want rubber or plain carpet either. I want something fancy.

I've considered making a set of carpets out of that 'car city' playmat from the late 90's haha. Not cheap but would be funny. My biggest issue with DIY'ing some, is that I don't have either the money to test different materials, a sewing machine or embroidery machine for the edging, and I don't have the measurements of the OEM floormats (for pins and proper fitting). If I get the mentioned concerns addressed one day, I might consider doing an Etsy store, selling custom Aurion (specifically) floormats and maybe dashmats. I don't know if the 40 series and 50 series have different mats though.

Hi. Yeah I got OEM in my car when I bought it. Quite cheap looking & not good quality, but they do have "AURION" embroidered into them 🙂It does depend on what you need I suppose. You can buy a set of car mats for $20 - but they will be pretty ****. Or you can spend over $100 for nice quality ones.

I have a 50 series & I am using the car mats I had in my Falcon XR6. I paid over $60 for them 10 years ago (set of 4 universal) & they've lasted 10 years in the Falcon & now they are in the Aurion because they are still in such excellent condition & nice thick & plush & actually fit better than the OEM ones.

I think for what you will pay for OEM, you could get a set of VERY HIGH QUALITY universal mats that should last you longer. I suppose you get what you pay for & what your needs & budget is.

Scope around the car accessory shops & look at them in the flesh & see what you like the look & feel of.

Best wishes on your search.

On 9/9/2022 at 7:04 PM, Henstepper said:

What floor mats would anyone recommend for the Aurion?  I don't want OEM they are far too expensive I got a cheap pair from super cheap but they are far too small for the car

Not sure what you classify as expensive, but you can get these OEM set  for a pretty good price considering they used to sell for around $120 for the set. There's a savings coupon attached too. Enter "CARSAV" and get the set for $84. That's for 50 series. You should be able to find a matching set fo the 40 series too if you contact the dealer.

You can find cheaper generic ones if you have time to look around at the usual outlets including online. The OEM mats are not that high in quality to be honest, but they complement the interior nicely and if used lightly, they will last. My original set are still ok, with the drivers one deteriorating on the underside foamy lining. It's 10 years old, so not bad for their age. I have a fresh brand new set ready to go at anytime I feel it's time.

My set up includes these 3D moulded floor mats with the originals placed on top. The price shown in the listing is incorrect due to no stock for the time being, but well worth the money. They are high quality and do a great job.

The 3D moulded mats fit really snug and stops dirt, grass and grit from getting in underneath. Makes vacuuming much easier and the carpet stays clean and stain free. I vacuum around the outer edges mostly and on occasion pull the whole lot out for a thorough clean. Almost always, the area underneath the mats look undisturbed and clean.

1643007539_20200412_114543(1).thumb.jpg.5b47758584ea4f7dbbf6cd6a7387d65b.jpg

Edited by Tony Prodigy
  • Thanks 1