notice of Suspension

I am a P1 licence :angry: . Story begin at 24 DEC 05. My girlfriend & me drove from NSW to QLD...Of course we do rest every 2 hours...Finally, early morning border to QLD, a Magna right behind me (very close).. I speeded up & drove around 60KM, after corner, it was very strong SUN from Side, can't watch my speedo & front so I used my hand to block the sun...maybe speed up to 65...then camera catched!

(actually not sure from me or behind car, was very quite close each other)...Now I got the letter Notice of suspension of provisonal licence...should I goto local court for it. Will I win? I believe the photo might show my hand is blocking the sun. I knew maybe speedy, but I can't really see front, and behind car is close..Can't just break it right?

EXCEED SPEED LIMIT BY NOT MORE THAN 15KM/H WHILST DRIVING A MOTOR VEHICLE. 6POINTS.

I am a P1 licence :angry: . Story begin at 24 DEC 05. My girlfriend & me drove from NSW to QLD...Of course we do rest every 2 hours...Finally, early morning border to QLD, a Magna right behind me (very close).. I speeded up & drove around 60KM, after corner, it was very strong SUN from Side, can't watch my speedo & front so I used my hand to block the sun...maybe speed up to 65...then camera catched!

(actually not sure from me or behind car, was very quite close each other)...Now I got the letter Notice of suspension of provisonal licence...should I goto local court for it. Will I win? I believe the photo might show my hand is blocking the sun. I knew maybe speedy, but I can't really see front, and behind car is close..Can't just break it right?

EXCEED SPEED LIMIT BY NOT MORE THAN 15KM/H WHILST DRIVING A MOTOR VEHICLE. 6POINTS.

Well pay the $10 i think it is and ask them to send you the photo so you can see if it is showing u blocking the sun .....

6 points must've been double demerits, ouch :o

Personally I think that rule is stupid, you get 3 (6) points regardless of whether you're exceeding the limit by a couple of k's or if you're 30k's over the limit. So if you're doing 61kph or 89kph in a 60 zone you still get the same penalty.

Hmm, I wonder which is worse?

PS: Sorry this isn't helpful to the topic but I just hate the inconsistency re. points :angry:

Edited by Conquest

thats really unlucky. it sucks when something that you cant control gets you in trouble...

i think you'll have a hard time trying to get out of that... like dylan said, they dont care that the sun was in your eyes. that just means driving conditions are worse, and you should cater for that in your driving style...

maybe give it a shot... does it cost anything to appeal one of these things?

How can the sun cause you to speed. I knew the sun was powerful but I didn't think that it could put additional force on your gas pedal.

Maybe you should teach the people on the Ipswich Motorway here in Brissy how to drive because when they hit the Goodna stretch and the sun is in their eyes, they all hit the picks and slow down....